Learning to fly

Reaction score
While practicing flight, I happened to start my p2 spinning. Because I couldn't identify left from right any more, I lost control and my p2 flew into a tree...although there was little damage, what do you do when you have clearly lost control? Would it be best to turn the transmitter off so it goes home or switch to the home setting on the transmitter and hope that it corrects itself in time. I have noticed that loosing control happens very quickly and violent stick movements make it worse. Because I didn't know back from front and left from right, there seemed no way from preventing the flight into the tree, unless perhaps I just tried to cut the power...what other alternative are there, besides just more practice is avoid these situations...

Incidentally, I have discovered that moisture, such as from snow can short out the compass as the P2 sits ready for takeoff. If this happens you get two red solid LEDS on the battery side. Fixed by blowing hot air on the offending leg!

It's hard when you are in panic mode but the first thing might be let go of the sticks and regain control of yourself. Raise it up beyond possible obstructions. Then, if you have home lock, you can bring it back. If you are in ATTI, you can push it forward and hopefully see which way it's going to regain your orientation. For me, panic is my worst enemy. Careful if you do put it into Return to Home that it's not going to be a crash into a tall tree mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic