Learning to fly in manual mode

Reaction score
Tried manual for the first time yesterday and it took me all of 10 seconds to land hard and flip my P2V+V3! I want to learn to fly manual and have been practicing with a Syma X5 but it's not the same. I could remove the gimbal while I learn but am also considering a second P2 to practice with. I can't find a 5.8ghz controlled P2 without a camera but wouldn't mind outfitting it with an aftermarket transmitter and upgraded controller.

What would be the best option from the Phantom line of quads?

edonovanl said:
Tried manual for the first time yesterday and it took me all of 10 seconds to land hard and flip my P2V+V3! I want to learn to fly manual and have been practicing with a Syma X5 but it's not the same. I could remove the gimbal while I learn but am also considering a second P2 to practice with. I can't find a 5.8ghz controlled P2 without a camera but wouldn't mind outfitting it with an aftermarket transmitter and upgraded controller.

What would be the best option from the Phantom line of quads?

For learning Manual Mode any small quad but aproaching to real world ... Phantom V1, just U$399

That's a good idea.....altitude is money in the bank. I still like the idea of a practice drone....

dirkclod said:
I have always read in here to get up around 100' in GPS mode and then flip it to manual to learn .

My 3 Manual Mode flights were over a big 30 cm grass field ;) 2 great soft landings :lol:

Would be nice to have a spare but if you a little high and lose control ya can always just go back into GPS and save it :D
Maybe :(

Most say to remove camera before trying manual. If not you are gonna have to pay to replace camera & Gimble :eek:

Yup, altitude is the key... leave time to just 'flip' back to Atti. or GPS Atti.?

Wonder if the Inspire has manual mode :shock:
Naaaa

Attachments

• Flush.png
    Flush.png
    25.2 KB · Views: 514
I flew my first week with the gimbal/camera removed - takes 30 seconds to remove and a few minutes to re-install. Many said bad idea since I lost the telemetry data, but it worked for me. I wasn't interested in telemetry, just learning to fly...

What I would really like is to figure out how to cut power to the gimbal motors and fly with the gimbal lock installed so I could still get telemetry info, if that would work, or is even possible. Maybe I should go ahead and buy my second P2V+ now so I can practice with it, since apparently one or the other is going to fly away anyway! That way I'd still have one to fly....

Maybe a used P2 so I can get an extra battery since my 3 batteries just aren't enough...

dirkclod said:
Would be nice to have a spare but if you a little high and lose control ya can always just go back into GPS and save it :D
Maybe :(

I totally disagree! Do NOT fly while you are high! Or drunk, etc. :D

In my opinion one would only start trying manual-mode after one masters the Att-mode for 100%.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl