leap of faith

tizzl10 said:
lol awesome!

That is fantastic, this was a discussion on another thread and we were just waiting to see who had the balls to do it :lol:
I'm so happy it worked out and you got it back ok, this opens the doors for some long range flights.

How long does the battery last :D

Maybe it's the fact that I live somewhere with lots of nothing, but I'm made a little nervous by this thing flying unattended over two miles of dense residential development (and seems to come pretty close to hitting the church steeple to boot).

On the other hand I'm slightly warmed by the fact that I'm not alone in having a P2V that wants to return to China via the shortest path when autolanding (I've taken control after watching it trying to bash itself repeatedly against the ground).

Mav456 said:
Whats with all the lurid details? I can picture you foaming at the mouth. Are you a pedaphile? Get a GoPro and shoot real video kid.

wasnt my video, jackass. I was simply posting it. Go F*#^ yourself.

i wanna know if the pilot just held forward and then lost video connection and just kept pushin....

That was quite a distance! I tried it out from about an 8th of a mile from my calibration point. I was amazed how it worked as advertised. It was a little scary seeing it kinda bounce a couple of times but it's not flawless and the altitude sensor is not Nasa, But I was extremely pleased! Looking at your video, it looked like you got pretty close to that steeple! Yikes, that would have been awful!

I read in a post somewhere that if you are above the default return home altitiude, it will return at that altitiude...... I haven't tried that yet!

I now have to Phantoms....
image.jpg
and the P2G is awesome for video.

I saw a post for a P2V 2d gimbal, but it was way too pricey. Maybe DJI will finally integrate all the cool stuff! We'll see!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic