Leaked photos of the Phantom 4

DJI-Phantom-4-LeakedPhoto-Tamesky.jpg

a380.jpg

Hi all, Very interesting comments.
I don't think Yuneec have any worries. I do agree it should look good compared to the current Phantom I think they will have a problem also it looks like the landing gear will still have a landing stability problem.
This is what happens when a company is market leader with their product and competition increases they loose their vision and start to do stupid things. If this is what the new Phantom is going to look like no extra features will give me a reason to buy one.
Cheers, JV

The thing launches tomorrow and people are already trashing it. Let's see what it looks like and what specs it has. Maybe those leaked photos are not real. the new Typhoon H is beautiful imho. I am hoping the new phantom is on par with specs and looks better than those photos

I think we are just having fun and if not for the comparison to a pre-existing model, i'm fairly sure no one would think anything of it. Furthermore I suspect that after the specs are released tomorrow the P4 will by far have the last laugh.

The image bothers me a bit, the nearest motor looks like its leaning a bit unlike the others that look sure to their arms.

The image bothers me a bit, the nearest motor looks like its leaning a bit unlike the others that look sure to their arms.
It could just be a computer rendering which may not be accurate to reality. Plus, the Phantom 3 motors are tilted as well.

It could just be a computer rendering which may not be accurate to reality. Plus, the Phantom 3 motors are tilted as well.
It's just that front motor looks off compared to the others.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

My concern is that its big thing will be obstacle avoidance that works as good as VPS on the P3, which is not very good. Most have it turned off all the time.
Though I could use more air time, once again I'll let others go through the first 3 or 4 buggy, incomplete firmwares before I jump in. Enjoy early adopters (I had my fill when I was one of the first to open a P2V+, now I just want a platform that works).

Ok so after having taken a second to really think about the pictures I am actually really impressed. They have moved a component that on the P3P requires heat syncs and a cooling fan to within the body which does streamline the appearance in my book and I'm sure it doesn't hurt things in the aerodynamics department. The gimbal design seems simplified in a good way. Obviously there's huge implications in the battery compartment pics.

Reactions: NepenthesLucas
I kinda hope the gimbal is removable and mountable on a DJI Osmo type device. I really like that feature from Yuneec.

The Phantom needs to grow up from a design standpoint. If those pictures are accurate this is still just an evolutionary change. Say what you will about the 3DR Solo but it was a sexy machine a more mature design. If what we see tomorrow holds true they should just call it the Phantom 3 XXL.

Reactions: 0DRK3RT
Ok so after having taken a second to really think about the pictures I am actually really impressed. They have moved a component that on the P3P requires heat syncs and a cooling fan to within the body which does streamline the appearance in my book and I'm sure it doesn't hurt things in the aerodynamics department. The gimbal design seems simplified in a good way. Obviously there's huge implications in the battery compartment pics.

I totally agree. As recently as yesterday I commented on how ugly it is. After seeing a few more pictures I too noticed it is definitely more streamlined and aerodynamic. Less clutter and cleaner than the p3. Worth 1700? Not for me.

In that case you'll love my next door neighbour, she really smart, has a great job and is single. She's also around 23 stone and has a face like a bulldog licking piss off a nettle..

Jump in son.
This is a little off subject for this thread but I haven't laughed that hard in a long time !!! Thanks wolves ??! Gold !!

Give her my number!

Reactions: wolvesfc

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31