LCMC - P4 action as it approaches a DJI NFZ ???

Reaction score
Can anyone shed some light on a potential situation?

If flying through a third party app (Litchi or AutoPilot) using a pre-programmed waypoint feature, if I lose RC signal and I approach a DJI NFZ, what will the P4 do?

The intent is to not put it into the path of the NFZ intentionally, however, a stadium exists within the vicinity and I'm feeling apprehensive about the extents of the boundary...

Thanks,

I believe it will auto land, i recently discussed this in a post. let me find you the link.

the conversation starts around post 162 i think...

Just lost my P4 this evening.

Thats what i thought would have happened, so lets say your flying your "baltimore run" and for some reason, an temporary NFZ pops up over the harbor.........that would mean bye-bye birdie right? auto-land right into the water. Careful planning is key i suppose.

I think it hovers, not lands when it hits an NFZ.

At least that's what happened to me about 5 months ago and who knows how many firmwares ago.

It said (paraphrased) "you have entered an NFZ and your craft will hover"

I also would like more info on this. It would make sense that you could at least pull the stick back to get out of the NFZ.

It still gives the message and states it will hover, you can back out, turn around, i.e. But I guess the concern is if it's on a mission, and out of range of your controller and runs into this brick wall, will it just stay there in hover until it has to land itself? Not a good thought

I had this happen here in Finland a few weeks ago. Can't remember the software version though. What happened to me was that I was flying towards an amusement park across a lake. As I approached the amusement park I got a warning that I am entering a restricted area and that the P4 would hover or that I needed to turn around. It did not say that it will land, which would have resulted in it landing in the lake. Funny thing though is that I flew near the Finnish Parliament building which is maybe 500m from the amusement park and I flew right over it. Go figure.

If I could successfully identify a NFZ boundary, I'd be out there running a few tests to see how it performs. Attempted and failed last night; UAV Forecasts DJI boundaries are not accurately depicted at all. Even more concerning, why the hell am I seeing DJI NFZ's on UAV Forecast and not on the DJI Geo map system. Does anybody have a better source for DJI NFZ's?

http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/map
UAV Forecast

If I could successfully identify a NFZ boundary, I'd be out there running a few tests to see how it performs. Attempted and failed last night; UAV Forecasts DJI boundaries are not accurately depicted at all. Even more concerning, why the hell am I seeing DJI NFZ's on UAV Forecast and not on the DJI Geo map system. Does anybody have a better source for DJI NFZ's?

http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/map
UAV Forecast

I'm glad you posted this, I'm flying out next month to Las Vegas next month to climb and film the mountains just north of Boulder City with my son, his Inspire and my P4. I see its in a green warning (or Enhanced) so I hope we can still fly and film. Do we just turn off the GEO?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20