lc filter

Reaction score
Hi,

Just a quick question about lc power filters. I was going to make one to filter power to my video tx, and gimbal. My question is would the gimbal motors cause interference back into the transmitter?

Should I just put an lc on my transmitter line, or would gimbal line need one too?

I would prefer a single line coming out of my phantom powering both for tidiness.

Thanks for your help,

Dee

Welcome to the forum!

I assume you are seeing lines in your video and that is why you want to use a LC filter, is that correct? If so, I don't understand why your gimbal would need one. I would put one right where the power goes into your video transmitter. That way any and all power line spikes, etc. would be filtered out, even from the gimbal.

Hi,

Yes I'm getting lines. I have a single auxiliary power lead coming from inside the phantom shell with a connector splitting it to the transmitter and gimbal on the outside.

For neatness sake I wanted to put the filter in the phantom shell and still just have the single auxiliary lead running off it so the transmitter and gimbal.

Would you suggest just running two auxiliary wires from the phantom, one filtered and one not?

Would the gimbal benefit from a filter also?

Cheers,

Dee

Seedler said:
Hi,

Yes I'm getting lines. I have a single auxiliary power lead coming from inside the phantom shell with a connector splitting it to the transmitter and gimbal on the outside.

For neatness sake I wanted to put the filter in the phantom shell and still just have the single auxiliary lead running off it so the transmitter and gimbal.

Would you suggest just running two auxiliary wires from the phantom, one filtered and one not?

Would the gimbal benefit from a filter also?

Cheers,

Dee

I understand what you are saying. The gimbal won't benefit from being filtered. But, I think one line, from the filter, to both the AV transmitter and the gimbal will work fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers