lawmate 1.2 ghz fpv ?

Reaction score
hi just wondered if anyone knows if there would be any problems with this fpv system on a phantom 2, im flying to 1.2km now with a avl58, but its right at its limit and have had to fly back blind a few times for a couple of hundred meters. there must be a catch because this unit isnt very expensive and quoting distances of up 10km , anyone savvy enough with radio to give me some advice, cheers

I don't see why there'd be any issues. The increased range is because of the lower frequency. Lower frequency transmissions are less susceptible to line of sight issues.

only thing that would concern me would be gps issues. try and get as much space between vtx and gps. on a quad it is hard. on my disco i need about 5" space or i get some interference. maybe some other people have a better idea who have done it on a phantom

hjscm said:
only thing that would concern me would be gps issues. try and get as much space between vtx and gps. on a quad it is hard. on my disco i need about 5" space or i get some interference. maybe some other people have a better idea who have done it on a phantom
Thanks for the advice, im just looking for something with a little more range than an avl58, is 1.2ghz much better?

Anymore info on this? I'm looking at 1.2 as well. It's just so annoying when you fly behind a twig on a tree the video near enough drops out on 5.8.

Struggling to find much info on 1.2 though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well i hooked up my extra 1.2 on my p2. worked fine went out to tx limits which was around 2458 meters and had no video cut outs with just omnis on each end. but i did not have much tress in my way and my 5.8 went that far as well but with a 9 turn directional on my goggles.

hjscm said:
well i hooked up my extra 1.2 on my p2. worked fine went out to tx limits which was around 2458 meters and had no video cut outs with just omnis on each end. but i did not have much tress in my way and my 5.8 went that far as well but with a 9 turn directional on my goggles.

And what's it like with obstacles in between?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl