Lawmakers on Long Island move to restrict drone flights

Here's the thing. Airspace is federal and federal trumps local. So if the FAA is going to decide that they have the power to say what you can and can't do with your drone, then local yocals can no more ban them from flying than they can ban someone from flying their Cessna over the town.

I'm not endorsing FAA control of drones. But if that's the way things are going to go, then it is a scenario that does (or at least should) come with certain advantages.

The other advantage would be that because things the FAA controls fall under federal jurisdiction, crimes committed involving those things (such as purposely damaging and aircraft for instance) are federal crimes. So the next time someone decides to get their shotgun out and take a shot at a drone, it won't be Barney Fife showing up to say now Skeeter, you know you shouldn't oughta done that. Instead it'll be (or should be) the feds taking skeeter to federal pound you in the tukas prison.

Funny how drones become dangerous when a camera is attach but not so when no camera is on board.

"But, still, the fact that drones can carry objects to me there is a significant public safety issue," Suffolk County Legislator Dr. William Spencer said.

Public safety? What exactly are you expecting a drone to be carrying? A knife?

Reactions: claws
"But, still, the fact that drones can carry objects to me there is a significant public safety issue," Suffolk County Legislator Dr. William Spencer said.

Public safety? What exactly are you expecting a drone to be carrying? A knife?

Little tiny nuclear bombs! :D

Reactions: TeamYankee

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20