Law Enforcement Phantom

Ksc

Reaction score
I got an email today from DSLRPros about their Law Enforcement Phantom. Its black with blue stickers and looks like they swapped the green underbody lights for blue to give it a more police strobe look. The emails says "Thermal camera on 2-axis gimbal is available - thermal data can be seen in real-time on FPV monitor or goggles." The thermal camera would be cool either way. I didn't see on it their site but I would think that since its being sold to Law Enforcement, it will set you back an easy $2500 plus the cost of the thermal camera. Thats an expensive can of black spray paint.

http://youtu.be/cRljNNV-wLw

OH, and let's not forget the "I'm a Bad ***" music. Does it play during flight? :mrgreen:

Tyrohne said:
And the award for 'Usage of a Slider in Every Shot While Showing off a modded New Tool in Donut Retrieval/Pet Killing Arsenal' goes to....

The first time I watched it I was thinking the same exact thing. For a company whose specialty is film and overpriced phantoms, I would have thought they would have pulled together something better than that. Then again that goes to show how easy it is to sell things to government agencies. I saw cops on the beach with Segways yesterday. For some reason a $200 bicycle capable of going up to 30 mph (as long as the cop is in shape) wasn't as smart of an investment as a $8,000 Segway that goes 12 MPH. There must be a video on Youtube of the police version of the Segway. It is probably filled with slider shots in a poorly light basement.

The first time I watched it I was thinking the same exact thing. For a company whose specialty is film and overpriced phantoms, I would have thought they would have pulled together something better than that. Then again that goes to show how easy it is to sell things to government agencies. I saw cops on the beach with Segways yesterday. For some reason a $200 bicycle capable of going up to 30 mph (as long as the cop is in shape) wasn't as smart of an investment as a $8,000 Segway that goes 12 MPH. There must be a video on Youtube of the police version of the Segway. It is probably filled with slider shots in a poorly light basement.

If the average person had any clue how extravagantly local governments spend your money then demand more, there would be a LOT of angry people.

Fortunately for bureaucrats, it's kept hush-hush and most people don't care.

But....yeahhhhh....pissed off is putting it lightly

Hey don't buy a hammer to a government military specification or even ketchup. It'll bankrupt you an a few. Government need to only buy off the shelf items like those. 5-600 buck for a tolet seat is totally stupid.

If the average person had any clue how extravagantly local governments spend your money then demand more, there would be a LOT of angry people.

Fortunately for bureaucrats, it's kept hush-hush and most people don't care.

But....yeahhhhh....pissed off is putting it lightly
JDK ya quoted someone from Oct 2013

Hey, it is flashback monday! LOL, and I keep liking comments from 2013 ...
Whats kinda funny GN is that we could have seen that just posted .
Same stuff being posted now as it was then . Almost like we haven't grown any .

Reactions: GoodnNuff

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub