Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Law Enforcement Phantom

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ksc, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Ksc

Ksc

I got an email today from DSLRPros about their Law Enforcement Phantom. Its black with blue stickers and looks like they swapped the green underbody lights for blue to give it a more police strobe look. The emails says "Thermal camera on 2-axis gimbal is available - thermal data can be seen in real-time on FPV monitor or goggles." The thermal camera would be cool either way. I didn't see on it their site but I would think that since its being sold to Law Enforcement, it will set you back an easy $2500 plus the cost of the thermal camera. Thats an expensive can of black spray paint.

http://youtu.be/cRljNNV-wLw

2. wbrownj

Now that does look cool !!!
    :cool: :cool: :cool:

3. fizzviic

OH, and let's not forget the "I'm a Bad ***" music. Does it play during flight? :mrgreen:

4. Ksc

Ksc

The first time I watched it I was thinking the same exact thing. For a company whose specialty is film and overpriced phantoms, I would have thought they would have pulled together something better than that. Then again that goes to show how easy it is to sell things to government agencies. I saw cops on the beach with Segways yesterday. For some reason a $200 bicycle capable of going up to 30 mph (as long as the cop is in shape) wasn't as smart of an investment as a $8,000 Segway that goes 12 MPH. There must be a video on Youtube of the police version of the Segway. It is probably filled with slider shots in a poorly light basement.

5. JKDSensei

If the average person had any clue how extravagantly local governments spend your money then demand more, there would be a LOT of angry people.

Fortunately for bureaucrats, it's kept hush-hush and most people don't care.

But....yeahhhhh....pissed off is putting it lightly

6. RoyVa

Hey don't buy a hammer to a government military specification or even ketchup. It'll bankrupt you an a few. Government need to only buy off the shelf items like those. 5-600 buck for a tolet seat is totally stupid.

7. dirkclod

dirkclod Moderator
    Staff Member

JDK ya quoted someone from Oct 2013

8. GoodnNuff

Hey, it is flashback monday! LOL, and I keep liking comments from 2013 ...

dirkclod likes this.
  9. dirkclod

dirkclod Moderator
    Staff Member

Whats kinda funny GN is that we could have seen that just posted .
    Same stuff being posted now as it was then . Almost like we haven't grown any .

GoodnNuff likes this.