Launch pads?

GeneralKitFisto, that's the case I'm using too. You could easily launch from it, but it would be tough to land on if it's windy.

Only if you're talking about landing somewhere that has been shoveled. Definitely don't land in places where snow will touch the camera.

Kind of spoiled. I own a sign shop with a cnc router. Here was my first attempt.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1425765879007.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1425765879007.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 553
jasonnelson007 said:
Kind of spoiled. I own a sign shop with a cnc router. Here was my first attempt.

That is indeed a thing of great beauty and function.
The only trouble is.... it would not fit in my backpack :)

But nice job anyway.

haha I had made this thread and then forgotten about it

a lot of good ideas in here, but haven't found anything that I'm really in love with. I'll update you guys if I do find it

I have a piece of laminate flooring, probably not even a foot long, that slides easily into my backpack case if needed. Cannot remember the last time I didn't hand catch the landing, but this would be a small landing target! The flooring worked great for take offs in the snow last week.

I have no problem whatsoever of taking off from nor landing in the snow without using a landing pad. I am not saying to put a 3lb craft down in a foot of fluffy snow and watch it sink to the bottom. Setting down on packed snow works very well. You'd think these things were delicate had to be handle with great care.

I use my GoProfessional case all the time, it works for me. And as I said above, then I use it as a seat as well.

A few members like to use a vTX aerial which hangs down beneath the GoPro and sometimes below the landing gear. If you have a rock/picnic table/kerb then launching is not a problem. A lot of the places I fly have none of these, so for a tiny amount of money I made a launch pad which assembles and dissassembles in seconds and is flat enough and light enough to easily fit in a back pack.

Attachments

• launchD.jpg
    launchD.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 477
  • launchC.jpg
    launchC.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 432
  • launchB.jpg
    launchB.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 429
  • launchA.jpg
    launchA.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 405
Here in Nevada there just isn't much grass so I just launch from the ground - always. Full throttle, of course.

Recently I tried landing on a small portable folding table (about a foot and a half square). All went fine until a gust hit at just the wrong moment - and I just replaced my second set of props. Ahem . . .

Hughie, that's pretty nice work! You've inspired me to make a folding stool out of some light wood, or something...what did you use for the top?

jasonnelson007, yours is pretty cool too - I take off from thick, plush grass and don't give it a second thought, and I always hand catch. What I would like would be a stool that spins on it's legs since I do a lot of low-level pattern flying around a feel - getting ready for the aerial drone racing competition...

It's just hardboard.

msinger said:
Here's a good landing pad if you're not into building one yourself:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PG3 ... 4EH2VFTQRW

Same pad I use. I really like it, the holes keep the prop wash from messing with take off. I also us just the center leg hole to attach to a tripod so that I can have a level launch pad from steep slopes if needed.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20