Launch pad for Phantom

Reaction score
68ac6a13f787391b773014c9aeb0c176.jpg

Does anyone use one of these? I bought my P4 about 3 weeks ago and yesterday was the first time dust on the prop and body.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Personally I'd feel a bit silly getting one of these out if anyone was about - a bit geeky? I just lay my 5 year old son on the ground and take off/land on him to keep my P4 clean [emoji15][emoji12][emoji23]

I could see it being useful in the desert or anywhere else where you would get a lot of take off dust but only if it was priced right and easily available...I certainly would go very far out of my way to get one.

Personally I'd feel a bit silly getting one of these out if anyone was about - a bit geeky? I just lay my 5 year old son on the ground and take off/land on him to keep my P4 clean [emoji15][emoji12][emoji23]

LOL... Great Sense of Humor!!!

Excellent, it's character building for them. I tried using the Bride for cold calibrating the IMU but she keeps escaping from the Fridge. :rolleyes:

Haha, that's why I put this out there. I think I would feel a bit silly with it as well and I just checked...they're $130. I'll pass.

Haha, that's why I put this out there. I think I would feel a bit silly with it as well and I just checked...they're $130. I'll pass.

Only $130... I wonder if they sell many, that's a little spendy unless there's more to than meets the eye.

Yes, that does seem pricey doesn't it?! I can't recommend a small child enough, but if you factor in the cost of raising the said child it does make the fold away launch pad look cheap...

There's no need for expensive gimmicks. My first flight was in the snow and I put down a piece of board to take off from. I'm sure you have an old coat, shirt, towel or anything other than a $130 piece of cloth. We all get focused on the gimmick products at times (me included) just think outside the box and save some money.

Reactions: water0106
I guess it would stop dirt and dust getting onto the camera lens, not a bad idea actually

Reactions: Jack1926
It could look geeky I guess but...putting a $500 camera 2" from the ground or asphalt, then taking a leaf blower to remove the loose grit and debris from around it would be dumb. That's essentially what you do when taking off without a clean pad. I look at the drone cameras the same as my dslr, which I'd hate to blow dirt on 2-3 times a day.
Mine was cut from countertop material, free leftovers.
DSC01129.jpg

I've only hand caught since I've owned my Phantom (3 weeks) as we still have snow but I think I'll always hand catch. I want to practice hand launching as well as I may want to use it from my boat.

Reactions: Jack1926
I just lay my 5 year old son on the ground and take off/land on him to keep my P4 clean.
I thought GF are for that?

Here ya go! Just $7 and folds up nicely into it's own bag with fits nicely into my backpack.
upload_2016-10-14_12-35-33.jpeg
IMG_3823.JPG
IMG_3822.JPG
IMG_3821.JPG
IMG_3825.JPG

Last edited:
Here ya go! Just $7 and folds up nicely into it's own bag with fits nicely into my backpack.

Great idea :)
Where do you get that from?

Have you added any weight to it to aid in keeping it on the ground?

Reactions: dsd317
May as well use a Sharpie and put an "H" in the middle!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers