Launch from moving boat

Reaction score
I have launched from boat several times but always when stopped. Yesterday I tried several times while moving slowly and every time it tried to go aft (backwards) the moment I lifted off. Is this a reaction to GPS input? Should I have been in "NAZA" mode? Scratched up the props pretty good too.

The drone doesn´t expect to start from a moving "airport" so it can´t deal with a situation like that. The very moment it lifts off it does what its programming tells it to do so it tries to hold position - that is moving backwards from your relative (moving) point.

The only way to solve this seems to be to lift off quickly to get away from all (moving) harm in its way. But I would recommend to simply not start while moving. The drone was not constructed to start from a rowing aircraft carrier. :)

Thanks, but is there not also the option of NAZA mode, which as I understand it takes the GPS out pf play?

Yes, you can switch the P2 to atti mode (wich is no gps mode) - but can you fly (or at least start) the P2 with no GPS without sending it into the dark depth of the water? ;)?

lift off full power in atti mode then flick to gps.
dont forget gps will set home point in the water so a landing plan would be good

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers