Latest version of P3P

Reaction score
Hi Guys
Can anyone tell me if there is a way to find out which version of the P3P a supplier is selling..
I ask because my understanding is that DJI have started supplying an upgraded version of the Phantom 3 Pro, since around September 2015, is this true and if it is how do you know which version you are buying.

Many Thanks
Waylander

Calling the supplier directly is your best bet.

Hi msinger
Thanks for your reply, is it true then that DJI have started shipping an improved version of P3P since September, is there some kind of model identity for example P3P V1.0 or something

It's true. If you have the new version, the motors will look like this.

Reactions: Waylander
Thanks for the info I take it that in the New & Old picture you linked too the "New" was the picture of the Arm which was at the top, and the Old had the writing visible on it.
Thanks again
Waylander

That's correct. The new motor is on top.

msinger
Sorry I've only just seen from your signature picture, that you are a seller/vendor of DJI products, so if I may, what's your best deal on a new P3P, shipped out to the UK. :)
Regards
Waylander

I'm not a seller/vendor. I just support this forum.

Oh... I do apologise the banner under your handle (msinger) which I see on the site that is attached to the PhantomHelp Icon says "Approved Vendor"
my mistake..
Regards
Waylander

Yeah, that banner is confusing :(

I think the admins should change it to "Sponsor", "Phantom Pilots Sponsor", "Site Sponsor"... or something that isn't so convoluted.

I just got my pro on Saturday from Bestbuy and it's the old she'll with the old motors. Kinda was disappointed but it flys perfectly with no problems so I can't complain. Still kinda surprised since Best Buy just started carrying them.

Yeah, that banner is confusing :(

I think the admins should change it to "Sponsor", "Phantom Pilots Sponsor", "Site Sponsor"... or something that isn't so convoluted.
To erase any confusion, msinger is a supporter of the site, however he does not sell Phantoms or any other products directly.

I just got my pro on Saturday from Bestbuy and it's the old she'll with the old motors. Kinda was disappointed but it flys perfectly with no problems so I can't complain. Still kinda surprised since Best Buy just started carrying them.
I just saw online that my local BB has them in stock also. Guess there's no way of knowing what version without opening and taking a look?

I just saw online that my local BB has them in stock also. Guess there's no way of knowing what version without opening and taking a look?

Nope,I actually work at BestBuy. All of the units that we have, the boxes look to be older as they have scuff marks on them or the tips of the boxes smashed in,Stuff you wouldn't think a brand new box off the assembly line will have. So maybe DJI shipped a bunch of overstock to Bestbuy.

msinger
Sorry I've only just seen from your signature picture, that you are a seller/vendor of DJI products, so if I may, what's your best deal on a new P3P, shipped out to the UK. :)
Regards
Waylander

Waylander if you are in the Uk I would strongly suggest you buy from someone like Maplin. I normally shop around to get the best deal but a mate suggested I buy from Maplin as if I had problems they would look after me.
It was the best advice ever. I had the V2+ which was beset with all sorts of problems. They swopped it out twice for me no questions asked. I had more problems so they gave me a full credit towards my P3P which only cost me an extra £100 or so. Not many people give service like that!

Ugh. Boxes get beat up though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I totally agree,but its stuff thats indicative off being old boxes. They are still sealed so thats a good thing. One thing I have noticed is that we are getting a ton of the Standards in but besides our initial shipment of Pro units we havent had any more come in and it doesnt show any stores in our area getting more in. So it could be that the stores are getting new stock with the new units.

However with that said,I thought I should add BestBuy does offer extended protection plans on these Phantoms,It covers EVERYTHING besides lost of theft. I even asked my GM if it covers the Phantom from falling from the sky and he said yes. So it may not be that big of a deal if you get the old model or not. lol

I totally agree,but its stuff thats indicative off being old boxes. They are still sealed so thats a good thing. One thing I have noticed is that we are getting a ton of the Standards in but besides our initial shipment of Pro units we havent had any more come in and it doesnt show any stores in our area getting more in. So it could be that the stores are getting new stock with the new units.

However with that said,I thought I should add BestBuy does offer extended protection plans on these Phantoms,It covers EVERYTHING besides lost of theft. I even asked my GM if it covers the Phantom from falling from the sky and he said yes. So it may not be that big of a deal if you get the old model or not. lol
How much is the plan?

How much is the plan?

I want to say its like $150-175 for one year and it goes all the way up to $300 for 3-4 years. I cant remember off the top of my head. However our system doesn't prompt the warranty at check out so you must ask for it to be added.

I checked my local Best Buy tonight and they had 3 P3P's in stock. All had W332 stickers, not W322A.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1