Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Latest version of P3P

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Waylander, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Waylander

Hi Guys
    Can anyone tell me if there is a way to find out which version of the P3P a supplier is selling..
    I ask because my understanding is that DJI have started supplying an upgraded version of the Phantom 3 Pro, since around September 2015, is this true and if it is how do you know which version you are buying.

Many Thanks
    Waylander

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

Calling the supplier directly is your best bet.

3. Waylander

Hi msinger
    Thanks for your reply, is it true then that DJI have started shipping an improved version of P3P since September, is there some kind of model identity for example P3P V1.0 or something

4. msinger

Approved Vendor

It's true. If you have the new version, the motors will look like this.

Waylander likes this.
  5. Waylander

Thanks for the info I take it that in the New & Old picture you linked too the "New" was the picture of the Arm which was at the top, and the Old had the writing visible on it.
    Thanks again
    Waylander

6. msinger

Approved Vendor

That's correct. The new motor is on top.

7. Waylander

msinger
    Sorry I've only just seen from your signature picture, that you are a seller/vendor of DJI products, so if I may, what's your best deal on a new P3P, shipped out to the UK. :)
    Regards
    Waylander

8. msinger

Approved Vendor

I'm not a seller/vendor. I just support this forum.

9. Waylander

Oh... I do apologise the banner under your handle (msinger) which I see on the site that is attached to the PhantomHelp Icon says "Approved Vendor"
    my mistake..
    Regards
    Waylander

10. msinger

Approved Vendor

Yeah, that banner is confusing :(

I think the admins should change it to "Sponsor", "Phantom Pilots Sponsor", "Site Sponsor"... or something that isn't so convoluted.

Waylander likes this.
  11. Waternut13134

I just got my pro on Saturday from Bestbuy and it's the old she'll with the old motors. Kinda was disappointed but it flys perfectly with no problems so I can't complain. Still kinda surprised since Best Buy just started carrying them.

12. Jacob

Jacob Administrator
    Staff Member

To erase any confusion, msinger is a supporter of the site, however he does not sell Phantoms or any other products directly.

13. BigPig

I just saw online that my local BB has them in stock also. Guess there's no way of knowing what version without opening and taking a look?

14. Waternut13134

Nope,I actually work at BestBuy. All of the units that we have, the boxes look to be older as they have scuff marks on them or the tips of the boxes smashed in,Stuff you wouldn't think a brand new box off the assembly line will have. So maybe DJI shipped a bunch of overstock to Bestbuy.

15. BigPig

Ugh. Boxes get beat up though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Wibble

Waylander if you are in the Uk I would strongly suggest you buy from someone like Maplin. I normally shop around to get the best deal but a mate suggested I buy from Maplin as if I had problems they would look after me.
    It was the best advice ever. I had the V2+ which was beset with all sorts of problems. They swopped it out twice for me no questions asked. I had more problems so they gave me a full credit towards my P3P which only cost me an extra £100 or so. Not many people give service like that!

Waylander likes this.
  17. Waternut13134

I totally agree,but its stuff thats indicative off being old boxes. They are still sealed so thats a good thing. One thing I have noticed is that we are getting a ton of the Standards in but besides our initial shipment of Pro units we havent had any more come in and it doesnt show any stores in our area getting more in. So it could be that the stores are getting new stock with the new units.

However with that said,I thought I should add BestBuy does offer extended protection plans on these Phantoms,It covers EVERYTHING besides lost of theft. I even asked my GM if it covers the Phantom from falling from the sky and he said yes. So it may not be that big of a deal if you get the old model or not. lol

18. BigPig

How much is the plan?

19. Waternut13134

I want to say its like $150-175 for one year and it goes all the way up to $300 for 3-4 years. I cant remember off the top of my head. However our system doesn't prompt the warranty at check out so you must ask for it to be added.

20. BigPig

I checked my local Best Buy tonight and they had 3 P3P's in stock. All had W332 stickers, not W322A.