latest upgrade question

Reaction score
Did the upgrade and now the phantom 2 when the battery gets low does the return home thing and I am unable to guide it in anyway. Example--I always start returning once the red starts flashing and like to control the landing. Now even if I am 25 feet away from the take off spot the phantom goes up 60 feet, I guess, moves over the 25 feet and lands and I have no control over the speed or direction. That is ok if you are in a large area with no trees of bushes, but in a confined area a little guidance is sometimes needed. Is there a setting I can change?

Are you flying past the normal warning to critical warning? You have option of go home and land. Do you have go-home checked?

How many percent are you down to?

When the Phantom goes to "return to home" mode, you can regain control by flipping switch S1 from GPS to ATTI, then back to GPS.

It was 10.8 or 10.9 volts when the lights began to blink and it was maybe 15' high 20' away from me. I tried to move it closer and land it on a the driveway just in front of me but it would not respond. So it went up almost getting into a tree limb, moved over close to where it started from and landed all the while I was trying to control it. I didn't try flipping from GPS to ATTI and back again. Also, This is a new battery on the second charge and I am use to having a couple of minutes to land once it begins flashing red. It seems to be going almost immediately into critical warning and landing on its own without my assistance. I will try it again tomorrow.

On my P2 (non-vision) at exactly 20% it kicks into RTH your describing. The voltage does not matter. As stated by others just flip to ATTI and back to GPS. Or once you get used to this you can preemptively switch to ATTI at 21% and switch back once 20% has been hit and it will not go into RTH.

Just remember continuing to fly to the 15% or 10.6-7 volts whichever comes first will result in "auto land".

Or you can uncheck this RTH feature in Phantom Assistant software. But "auto land" will still be in effect at critical level stated above.

Geert said:
Low battery level is at 20%
Critical battery level is at 15%.

At critical battery level the Phantom will always start auto descend.

Geert./.

i believe you can lower these settings in the assistant software on a PC, but not by much.

locoworks said:
Geert said:
Low battery level is at 20%
Critical battery level is at 15%.

At critical battery level the Phantom will always start auto descend.

Geert./.

i believe you can lower these settings in the assistant software on a PC, but not by much.
The last firmware update has changed drastically. Probably help if we knew what he was flying ;)

mikeg26 said:
The whole voltage monitoring and alarm and automatic landing system can be turned off or adjusted to lower values.

Maybe I am missing it but on the latest firmware you cant shut anything off or make changes to the level. The only option you have is to check go home on low batter.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4