LATEST UPGRADE CHALLENGE

Reaction score
I recently did the upgrade to 1.0.52 to DJI Vision on my android and the firmware update on my Phantom 2 vision plus. Now 3 of the 4 motors turn the same direction and the 4rth spins opposite. Obviously I cannot take off. Has anyone els had this problem with the update and what is the solution. Thanks for your help. Looking forward to getting back in the air. Cheers

It's hard to see how an update can cause that.
Are you sure it's only one motor spinning differently from the other three?
Just wondering if you realise that two motors spin clockwise and two run counter clockwise.

Thanks for the reply. So to clarify, my phantom was flying perfectly. I landed and my android did an update to the latest DJI Vision app. I then connected the phantom to the DJI Vision desktop and it updated the firmware. (Honestly I don't know what the firmware changes were but the compass would not calibrate without doing the upgrade. Motor 1 and 3 spin clockwise and motor 2 and 4 spin counter clockwise. Since the upgrade, motor 2 follows 1 and 3 but it spins sporadic like its confused. The only variable is the firmware update. I hope this clarifies and someone can help me either reverse the upgrade or figure something out so I can get back in the air. Thanks

I personally dont think the upgrade caused what you see. If it was the upgrade everyone would be experiencing it. It sounds more like a faulty ESC to me.

I have no idea what to tell ya other then if you think it was a firmware upgrade that is causing your problem, reverse it and go back to an earlier version.

Here is a further update. Here's exactly what the drone is doing. Not sure if it's the firmware. When I run the motors with no propellers the motors run properly. When I put pressure with my finger, it all still works fine. When I put the propeller on motor 2 studders and and seems confused and spins in both directions. The prop gets on so tight it's hard to get it off. Make sense? Maybe there's a setting with the housing. All the shafts are strait and look good. I don't get it. What do you think? Thanks

Could the threads be messed up on that motor? Could they be sheared off from trying to screw on the wrong prop on the wrond motor, ie, did you try stick a black blade on where a silver tip shoukd have gone or vice versa and in the process sheared off the threads so now it spins both ways?

Silver tipped propellers on the silver tipped motors and black tipped propellers on the black tipped motors. FYI the threads are different. You couldn't put the wrong props on if you wanted to. Has to be programming. Why is the motor getting confused. This flew flawless up until the upgrade. I cannot reverse it. There are no instructions or software to reverse the update or I would. And I don't want to pack it up and send it away for 2 months. There should be a simple fix. For this.

Still think its a faulty ESC

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20