Latest pilot app

Reaction score
Nice work. I like the inspire telemetry and having the map on the right. Histogram sits pretty right to the left of map. Everything looks tidy.

Big thanks for listening to us about the RTH menu. I love what you did and it's not intrusive.

Glad to have voice back

One suggestion. I notice that the histogram has the ability to be moved around the screen. Sure would be nice to have the gimbal roll adjustment moveable. I've tried cold IMU calibration and the horizon is slightly off. So I bring up the gimbal roll menu to adjust in flight until there's a better solution. Thanks. Overall, loving the app.

Reactions: DrChris
I like it too.

It sure would be nice to have gimbal-adjustment sticky'ed to the UI. When you adjust it - does it stay correct, even when you fly around/yaw? I find that it gets a little off and by turning around, it might right itself. So if the horizon was made level manually for one position and heading, turning around would make it not stay level. So I've currently abandoned the gimbal adjustment. Often it is simply easier to fix it in post. Something that is unfortunately not so easy if the shot includes yawing where in one part of the shot the horizon is level, and later (when 'looking' in another direction) the horizon is off. It can be fixed in post - but it is a lot of work.

Just came back from flying with the new iOS version 1.2.0. on iPad Air 2. I received the "Gimbal Overload" error 2 times, and a "Weak Signal" once while hovering at 200ft, only 100ft behind me. Pretty much ignored them, flew 4 batteries, one to 20% and the other 3 to 50% as I'm still condtioning those 3. All charged back up now and heading back out to try again. Just putting it out there in case others notice the errors. Gonna pull the ND filter off and try for some golden hour video. Stay tuned!

I updated to the new app and have not updated my p3p to 1.2.6. Now the app states mr RC, aircraft and camera must be updated.

Has anyone had a problem with this?

Reactions: skyhighdiver
I updated to the new app and have not updated my p3p to 1.2.6. Now the app states mr RC, aircraft and camera must be updated.

Has anyone had a problem with this?
Yes, I think you're pretty much stuck with the update message until you do the update. Some are just ignoring it because they're waiting to update.

Yes, I think you're pretty much stuck with the update message until you do the update. Some are just ignoring it because they're waiting to update.

Right now, it won't even connect to the drone and the camera just hangs down.

Can you delete the pilot app and then put an old version on? I don't want to update my new P3 pro :-(

I haven't got it out the box yet it's only just arrived but the app I downloaded today :-(

Can you delete the pilot app and then put an old version on? I don't want to update my new P3 pro :-(

I haven't got it out the box yet it's only just arrived but the app I downloaded today :-(
Yes if you back up to your computer with the old version still on device and then after a update you can delete the app on device and to a restore on computer to bring the old version back. Just make sure auto backup is off before you plug in the device or the old version will be gone;)

Ok I restored my iPhone 6+ and checked my DJI Pilot, it says Version 1.1.2

Is this one a stable version, no one was having problems with this one?

ok, well I will leave updating for now, only because I have some reading to do on it, a definite read on the actual app itself, find out what things do and understand the land immediately and return to home settings, then once I am ready, I will take the plunge :)

I have updated everything and all is great except for "gimbal motor overload" flashes up occasionally.

I have updated everything and all is great except for "gimbal motor overload" flashes up occasionally.
Do you just ignore that message? Also where is the vps tab i cant bloody find it?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic