Latest on geofencing and authorization zones

Reaction score
Hi all,

What's the latest on geofencing and the whole thing with authorization zones? Is that in effect?
I'm talking about the yellow fly zones for which you have to request authorization from within the Djibouti go app, to be able to fly.. Is that process already in place or still a beta firmware. Thanks

It all has gone quiet. DJI has made a tactical retreat for reasons and for timing that are opaque to us. You can insert your favorite spin on this from evil overlords to the triumph of forum user complaints.

Personally, I think it was aliens.

Reason I ask is that I'm on FW 1.4. My RC is still on an older version. Dji go app still is on 2.4.
I've held out on upgrading because of the whole requiring authorization to be able to fly. Initially my entire city was under a yellow zone so that would have sucked.
I checked out the flysafe map on the dji site and it looks a lot better now so I would be willing to upgrade but I'm afraid that this is just way for dji to sucker you into updating the firmware.

I mean eventually I'll probably lose and will have to update one day...

The only functional thing you get out of upgrading is better battery firmware at 1.6. If you don't fly in cold areas, that's probably a moot point.

Given the issues surrounding the GeFence beta I'm betting that GeoFence 2 will 1) have better data (that was their real downfall) and 2) be a mandatory upgrade from the DJI App end - not requiring firmware upgrades. But as I mentioned, DJI has gone to ground with GeoFence - for now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues