Latest IOS and DJO Go software.

Reaction score
Hi fellow p3 pilots. So I've taken the plunge and updated all the latest software on my P3 pro. Have found that I am loosing signal put more worryingly the range has been considerably reduced. Anyone else had this issue with latest updates? I run with a iPad mini 2 with cellular. Used to get well over 2k range - it's now cutting out just over 1.2k. Very concerned!!

If you mean by latest, i.e. iOS 9.1 and dpi go 2.4 released middle of week.

No issues at all.

Hi, I am having the same problem iPad mini 3, IOS 9 and latest DJI updates. DJI say the Go Software is using too much CPU resources and is trying to put a fix in place in the near future. That have some bandaid fixes on their website while we wait. I am getting screen blackouts and frame freezes whilst flying, even at close range. A friend of mine is using a Samsung mini and has no problems.

I've just been really worried that the max distance has been reduced by DJI and was interested if anyone else has had the same issues?

Hi, I am having the same problem iPad mini 3, IOS 9 and latest DJI updates. DJI say the Go Software is using too much CPU resources and is trying to put a fix in place in the near future. That have some bandaid fixes on their website while we wait. I am getting screen blackouts and frame freezes whilst flying, even at close range. A friend of mine is using a Samsung mini and has no problems.
DITTO

Since updating my ipad mini 3 and iphone 6plus with the new 2.4 app I cannot use my P3P or Inspire. Both say that the RC controller is disconnected from the aircraft. Camera view will not show the camera or connect to the aircraft. I have rebooted the devices and reloaded the 2.4 app to no avail. Anyone else having this problem?

Since updating my ipad mini 3 and iphone 6plus with the new 2.4 app I cannot use my P3P or Inspire. Both say that the RC controller is disconnected from the aircraft. Camera view will not show the camera or connect to the aircraft. I have rebooted the devices and reloaded the 2.4 app to no avail. Anyone else having this problem?

I assume you've tried re-linking the controllers to the birds?

But to answer your question no, I didn't have any problems. Though I do seem to remember having to re-link them when I did the last RC update.

Almost all of us are having this problem now. This is getting ridiculous DJI!

I laugh when people suggest new USB cables or uninstalling and reinstalling the software or firmware. I've said it a thousand times in the past week, this is a problem with the latest DJI GO app versions, 2.4, and possibly even 2.3. If Apple would still allow us to download 2.2, we would get our live video feed back.

I'm guessing (but I guess you'll try anything)
The author of Airnest said the new update encrypted the transmission between the bird and controller.
If one was updated but not the other (bird but not controller or visa versa) could it be the bird is sending an encrypted signal but the bird is not expecting one (or the controller is sending a plain signal but the bird is expecting an encrypted one)

If you haven't already tried I would suggest re-updating both if possible (maybe doing the old RC update which was done via the SD card, then redoing the RC update which is done via the Go app)

I laugh when people suggest new USB cables or uninstalling and reinstalling the software or firmware. I've said it a thousand times in the past week, this is a problem with the latest DJI GO app versions, 2.4, and possibly even 2.3. If Apple would still allow us to download 2.2, we would get our live video feed back.
Really, you "laugh" when others are trying to help you? .. Not cool!!
Try installing the app correctly by deleting, RE-BOOTING you device, then re-installing the app. Simply 'updating' the app is not the correct method

Reactions: jryser and bobmyers
Really, you "laugh" when others are trying to help you? .. Not cool!!
Try installing the app correctly by deleting, RE-BOOTING you device, then re-installing the app. Simply 'updating' the app is not the correct method
Yes, I laugh because any person with half a brain would have already tried these "101" suggestions before they would take the time to post about their problem. And yes, I deleted the app, rebooted the device, re-installed the app, following the DJI correct method. I've done all checks imaginable and am starting to think that the problem lies in the latest controller update. I've tested different app versions with different iOS versions, with different RC versions and non have resulted in giving me back a live video feed. The only thing I haven't been able to do is roll back controller versions. My controller updated correct to the latest version, and I haven't figured a way to roll back to test. I'm not trying to be an a$$ here, but it's really messed up when your bird flys fine for over 100 flights, then DJI GO auto updates itself to the latest version and kills the live video feed.

Yes, I laugh because any person with half a brain would have already tried these "101" suggestions before they would take the time to post about their problem. And yes, I deleted the app, rebooted the device, re-installed the app, following the DJI correct method. I've done all checks imaginable and am starting to think that the problem lies in the latest controller update. I've tested different app versions with different iOS versions, with different RC versions and non have resulted in giving me back a live video feed. The only thing I haven't been able to do is roll back controller versions. My controller updated correct to the latest version, and I haven't figured a way to roll back to test. I'm not trying to be an a$$ here, but it's really messed up when your bird flys fine for over 100 flights, then DJI GO auto updates itself to the latest version and kills the live video feed.
Have you tried another device ? on a different version or maybe an android and see it the same problems exists.

Have you tried another device ? on a different version or maybe an android and see it the same problems exists.
I've tried another device, but not android. An android device might work but I don't have one. I've been testing with my iPad Air 2 and my iPhone 6, both ios9 and ios8, DJI GO app versions 2.2, 2.4, as well as the latest phantom 3 versions. The only software versions I haven't been able to roll back or test different versions on is the controller software, leading me to believe that may be the culprit.

I've tried another device, but not android. An android device might work but I don't have one. I've been testing with my iPad Air 2 and my iPhone 6, both ios9 and ios8, DJI GO app versions 2.2, 2.4, as well as the latest phantom 3 versions. The only software versions I haven't been able to roll back or test different versions on is the controller software, leading me to believe that may be the culprit.
Hit a friend or relative up that might have an android device and see what happens.

I had this same problem happen with the previous firmware update. I could not connect my DJI go app to the aircraft. After unloading and reloading all firmware and apps I troubleshot it to the USB port. I ended up having to buy the USB/HDMI video module and that solved my problem. I swapped it out the other day and am back in the air. If you've tried everything else out and have an extra $99 you want to throw at the problem give it a shot.

I had this same problem happen with the previous firmware update. I could not connect my DJI go app to the aircraft. After unloading and reloading all firmware and apps I troubleshot it to the USB port. I ended up having to buy the USB/HDMI video module and that solved my problem. I swapped it out the other day and am back in the air. If you've tried everything else out and have an extra $99 you want to throw at the problem give it a shot.
I have a spare board that I removed when I did the upgrade. @Poundofnuts, I will mail it to you if you send me your address.

i got a video disconnect (w/ full control and no failsafe) on ios 9.1/dji go 2.4, middle of flight, usb well connected.. it came back after i landed. meh.

Every time I go on vacation something new seems to come out, I'll update the controller in the morning and do a little test flight and see if I notice any obvious changes.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl