Latest go app not loading maps on iOS?

Reaction score
Have latest firmware on aircraft, RC and using latest Go app using iPad mini 2 with data plan. Have verified the last 5 times that I have a good LTE connection and will open safari pages. Have went into settings for the app to make sure location services were turned on. Have turned on and off wifi to see if it would help and clicked on every map version and get nothing. The bird updates home point which I'm pretty sure is a accurate for the location but the map is not loaded or even attempting. I deleted the go app when I got home yesterday and reinstalled it. After a couple attempts at home on the couch I got the maps to load so assumed it was fixed. When flying today at a location nothing at 2 different places. Tried restarting the app multiple times. At a loss at this point. Any ideas on what I could check or do would be greatly appreciated. Planning on trying my iPhone 6 with it tomorrow. Using latest version of iOS on iPad and phone as well.

Not sure if this helps but have you logged in to DJI with the GO app?

DJI GO app 2.8.0 here loads maps just fine... :)

When I first connected I just had a black map screen.

Zooming out brought the map up, then zoomed back in.

Check for DJI Go in
Settings>Privacy> Location Services

Settings>Cellular

When that happens, reboot your iPad and it will work again.
I will try and reboot as well don't think I've tried that since updating the app.
I really appreciate all the help. This forum is very helpful for many reasons.

My iPad Mini 2 is working fine with this week's updated app. Are you sure you've got Map Caching turned on?

SB

I think the problem was not rebooting the iPad. Not sure why I didn't try that. Maps loaded after I rebooted but true test is when I'm not at home as sometimes they have loaded here and not when at another location. But thinking that may have been the issue as they loaded promptly after rebooting.

I think the problem was not rebooting the iPad. Not sure why I didn't try that. Maps loaded after I rebooted but true test is when I'm not at home as sometimes they have loaded here and not when at another location. But thinking that may have been the issue as they loaded promptly after rebooting.
Since it usually just works all of the time, I forget that my iPad is just like any other computer. As such, I go for many months without ever thinking to turn it off. Cheers sir!

Last edited:
..sometimes they have loaded here and not when at another location.
Cached maps don't stay cached forever. If you fly away from a WiFi source often, it may be worthwhile considering getting a cellular device to fly with.

Last edited:
If they worked on wifi at home they will work on site too if you set the two values suggested above.

Reactions: Mannsp3a
Cached maps don't stay cached forever. If you fly away from a WiFi source often, it may be worthwhile considering getting a cellular device to fly with.
Ya it's a cellular iPad 2 with its own data plan. And when checking it here I make sure to be on the data on the iOS and not my home wifi. But have seen it load here and not at another location is what I meant.
Will check it out tomorrow and update the results. Thanks for everyone's help.

Ya it's a cellular iPad 2 with its own data plan. And when checking it here I make sure to be on the data on the iOS and not my home wifi. But have seen it load here and not at another location is what I meant.
Will check it out tomorrow and update the results. Thanks for everyone's help.
Silly question perhaps, but you are sure that you are getting good cellular reception at the other location?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav