Latest Go App missing JPEG RAW selection?

Reaction score
Its been several months since I've flown the Phantom and had to update the app, transmitter and aircraft firmware. Afterwards I'm not seeing the selection for image format. I have forgotten a few things may be the case if someone can enlighten me as to where to find this? Did not see it anywhere in the camera menu settings. Also I must have been 2 firmware updates behind. When I got the notification it needed firmware updates, I decided to go ahead and fly it briefly before work for at least one battery on the current firmware. Knew I had read you could be one update behind and since I hadnt had any problems. But I soon realized when I took off (on a windier day at that) it was drifting not holding gps lock. So I set it right down and cursed at myself a few times for not getting my ducks in row before attempting to fly as I usually do. It landed and tipped over ruining two props. Thankful thats all it did.

That seems strange, I'm on the most current firmware and JPEG-raw is still there.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Can you please Explain how you got to the selection of that, maybe I forgot how to get to it. Had been messing with other quads. But I remember it being a selection from the camera menu.

The camera controls are at the right of the screen. Click on menu at the top of this box and they are under the camera tab.

I must have been 2 firmware updates behind. When I got the notification it needed firmware updates, I decided to go ahead and fly it briefly Knew I had read you could be one update behind and since I hadn't had any problems. But I soon realized when I took off (on a windier day at that) it was drifting not holding gps lock. So I set it right down and cursed at myself a few times for not getting my ducks in row before attempting to fly as I usually do. It landed and tipped over ruining two props. Thankful thats all it did.
You might have read that ... but that doesn't mean it's right.
You could be 10 versions behind and it wouldn't make any difference.
That a new firmware version comes out doesn't change the way your un-updated Phantom flies.
GPS and position holding will still work just fine.

The only thing that happens without updating is that your Phantom doesn't have whatever new features are introduced.

Ok thanks for the info. Kind of off topic now but aircraft didn't act quite right during the update as well. Ended up getting a green light on camera after the flashing but never really heard the sound I thought it made after an update. Just the lower tone of the 3 beeps tried it a few times. I checked the text file on the sd card afterward and it showed several previous updates that never clear I guess. But didn't see a date stamp for that day unless the dates are off. Going to mess with it more next week as I work the weekends.

Sorry to hear you got tipped over on your first flight, after a break.
How did you land? On your own, or autonomously?
Those Settings are still in camera menu.
Yeah, you need to go through the menus after Go app or firmware updates and check all parameters as they sometimes revert back to factory settings.

RedHotPoker

Ah I got a little sloppy with the whole process shouldn't have been trying to fly it with it being so windy and without brushing up on everything again. I glanced at the switch thought it was on gps mode but when I lifted off it acted like it was in atti mode no hold at all. Surprised me because I never fly it in that mode and wasn't expecting it. With it being windy I corrected it and tried to keep it from hitting a car in our driveway as it drifted. I succeeded but it was a bit of a rushed landing to set it back down. It landed ok but before I could get it shut down it tipped. I did a csc but should have done a throttle down for 3 seconds. Shut down within a second or two of tipping but still marred the blades slightly. And I won't take a chance with the blades if they have any imperfections. Too much to lose so I'll buy new ones to replace my spares. I've been flying a little hubsan x4 and a blade qx 3D quite a bit and expect them to be manually flown etc but when your not expecting it can only take a bit on a windy day before tragedy. Lol

My post firmware and app update is the same as when i first powered up the AC. Go through every app option screen and every settimg to ensure settings are appropriate for your needs, you understand what they all do (including new additions).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj