Latest firmware will not update on rc

Reaction score
OK could use any input I have updated my p3a several times so not like I'm brand new to this every other time easy as can be both update fine no issues. This time however file worked perfectly on the quad and I can not get the rc to work I usually use a USB card reader and it has worked every time. Tried that didn't work so I hooked my cord to gimble and the remote with the micro SD card in the quad still no success why am I having such an issue here and any help is appreciated.

If you're installing firmware newer than 1.3.2 on your remote controller, it must be installed via the DJI GO app. Follow these instructions.

What msinger is saying... You don't use the sd card to update the rc anymore. Just plug your tablet into the rc as usual, turn it on, it will say "needs updating"then hit update on the tablet. There's no need to turn on the P3A to update the rc, just use the app. It's almost a no brainer once you've seen it pop up on the rc tablet.

I understood him and worked perfectly thanks a million guys I wouldn't have figured that out but I'm currently up to date

Reactions: Reed L
See I keep hearing people say it updated automatically for them but mine didn't I had to go in and hit download and it seemed to take bit longer than the old way but it works so no complaints

See I keep hearing people say it updated automatically for them but mine didn't I had to go in and hit download and it seemed to take bit longer than the old way but it works so no complaints
I sure they must mean that it updated automatically once they did as you did - hit download.

I'm glad it worked for you.

That's what happens when installation procedures are changed. Sometimes we miss the new instructions assuming our old procedures would still work.

G
If you're installing firmware newer than 1.3.2 on your remote controller, it must be installed via the DJI GO app. Follow these instructions.
G'day msinger - I have a P3A and a P3P, and tonight I am updating the firmware on the P3A to 1.6.40. P3A itself is done, and all 4 batteries done, but the rc will just not update using the DJI GO App (1.5.70 currently installed) - Overall Status shows 'Normal' - App V2.4.3 (iOS) - any thoughts? Is there another way to 'force' the rc to update its fw? Cheers

G

G'day msinger - I have a P3A and a P3P, and tonight I am updating the firmware on the P3A to 1.6.40. P3A itself is done, and all 4 batteries done, but the rc will just not update using the DJI GO App (1.5.70 currently installed) - Overall Status shows 'Normal' - App V2.4.3 (iOS) - any thoughts? Is there another way to 'force' the rc to update its fw? Cheers
That is the latest for the RC. You should be good to go.

Reactions: Monkspark
Figured that I would jump in on this thread, instead of starting a new one.
Same issues, sd card, (fw 1.3.2), won't update the rc.

The Go app happily wants to install 1.5.7

Right now I'm at
ac 1.3.2 moving to 1.4
rc 1.2.6+
GO 2.6
P3A

Is 1.5.7 OK for the remote?

Thanks!!!

Cool, thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics