Latest Firmware upgrade 1.06... Now no access to DJI GO App

Reaction score
I did the Dec 22nd firmware update. All was normal with the update. Now I cannot connect to the DJI Go App. I did not do the firmware update not he inspire 1, and i still can connect to the DJI Go App. Spoke with DJI the said send it in. Anyone know of a workaround before I do that?
Phantom 3 Advanced is the unit.

When I turn on the remote, then the app then the drone. The drone boots up fine green light shows on the camera. The remote has a green light, the gimble moves up and down using the remote. The DJI Go app will not recognize that it is connected. I get no connect to camera icon. I can however use the same iPad, cable and successfully connect to my inspire 1 and see the camera view on the iPad.

Yes. I have deleted and reinstalled the go app on the iPad. I also tried with my iPhone and android tablet.
I got a second sd card and copied the files over from a brand new phantom 3 advanced that works fine on the previous firmware 1.5
The firmware i believe reverted back to 1.5 but I still cannot get a picture on the iPad using the Go app.

Sounds like a cable issue. Have you got a backup cable you can try? I know it works with the Inspire, but it could be intermittent. Just a shot in the dark suggestion.

You could try pairing the Inspire remote with the Phantom. I'm told it works. Maybe the Phantom remote or USB connector on the Phantom remote is bad by coincidence at the same time the firmware was upgraded. Unlikely though.

I was able too link the 2nd inspire remote to the phantom and it worked fine.
Where does that leave me on the phantom remote?
This happened after the firmware update.

I took the card out of the drone and tried using a sd adapter, it didn't do an update to the rc. No reaction from the remote. I wasn't able to connect to the app after updating the firmware on the phantom.

Ok. If I can't connect to the app with the phantom remote, how can i update the rc at this point?
Can I connect the cable from the remote to the camera?

Get a Wi-Fi connection with the tablet you're running the app on and try to update the controller with the drone off. There should be a YouTube on that process, I forget the details of where to trigger the rc firmware update. Make sure the rc is on and USB cable connected from the tablet to the rc.

Last edited:
So you were not able to see the rev of the remote from the tablet? Remember, the drone is off, it will say no connection to the drone, but the tablet should be able to connect to the RC. See this video for the process. If this doesn't work you'll need to return it to DJI. Optionally, you can call DJI back and tell them you mistakenly upgraded the RC firmware through the USB port and see what they say.

You might try to program the RC with 1.4 firmware through the USB like you're familiar with, since that's the last version that allowed the upgrade through the USB port with the SD card (usb to sd reader). If that works, then upgrade to 1.6 through the app.

Last edited:
Update the remote by using a cable from the camera to the controller. Turn on the drone first, then the controller. I had to do this for the 1.32 firmware on the remote. Nothing else would work.

Update the remote by using a cable from the camera to the controller. Turn on the drone first, then the controller. I had to do this for the 1.32 firmware on the remote. Nothing else would work.
I don't think that will work using 1.6 because 1.32 version was back when it was acceptable to upgrade through the USB port. After you have 1.4 on the RC you have to upgrade the RC through the app. You'd have to have a 1.32 or 1.4 on the SD card in the drone for that to work. And if that works, then you can likely update through the app to get to 1.6.

Last edited:
After 3 frustrating days after upgrading the firmware to v1.6 my Ph3P is ready to fly again........

Initially I lost all functionality in both the ISO and the aircraft. I tried downloading and installing v1.5 but the aircraft would not accept that input. So, I deleted the Go app from my air2 iPad and reloaded a new app; next I reloaded v1.6 into the aircraft and initially everything seemed A, OK........ not so fast..... I had an intermittent "calibrate IMU" message.

Thanks to the forum here I found out how to do that - I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT EVERYONE DOES THIS AFTER A FIRMWARE UPDATE....... every time. After I did the IMU calibration the system works great and I'm back in the air again. It was also recommended that I calibrate the gimble after the IMU - this I did as well. DJI help was a little slow on the uptake helping, however they also recommended the IMU calibration.

Hope this helps.

I did the Dec 22nd firmware update. All was normal with the update. Now I cannot connect to the DJI Go App. I did not do the firmware update not he inspire 1, and i still can connect to the DJI Go App. Spoke with DJI the said send it in. Anyone know of a workaround before I do that?
Phantom 3 Advanced is the unit.

See my post - possibly that will help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers