latest firmware p3s

Reaction score
yesterday i downloaded the latest firmware for dj phantom 3 standard, now the drone will not start until after 10 minutes saying imu check, then when it fires up losing signal again and then the worst i cannot get the point of interest to work with the switch,. dam and blast, all was great when i first bought three months ago till last two firmware updates. Jesus what gives.

Is the firmware 1.6.80?
Did you do a IMU Calibration yet?

Hi Rod pad yes, IMU, then controller sticks the lot but its just not happening, the point of interest has come back but now after all that it is now saying lost link weak signal after only 20 ft. Frustrating is not the word I have a good shoot tomorrow and its now gone due to this messing around.

Hi Rod pad yes, IMU, then controller sticks the lot but its just not happening, the point of interest has come back but now after all that it is now saying lost link weak signal after only 20 ft. Frustrating is not the word I have a good shoot tomorrow and its now gone due to this messing around.
Yeah, not good, is the weak and lost remote signal, RTH activates or are you loosing Video and telemetry?

Hi rod pad. Ye it goes grey on screen but I can still control home. All the screen is greyed out disconnected. Then bringing home 10 ft away the signal comes back

Reactions: Trent rossey
Hi rod pad. Ye it goes grey on screen but I can still control home. All the screen is greyed out disconnected. Then bringing home 10 ft away the signal comes back
So you could still fly it and get video, but not practicable for your shoot.

Guys let me tell you.. as we can see.. there is problem with the 1.6.80 firmware. and mine is also loosing signal within 40m after upgrading. and Phantom 3 standard can not be downgraded properly.. I mean you can Downgrade from 1.6.80 to 1.5.70. but it is useless.. because after downgrading it will show as 1.5.70+ in the app. and i don't know what is the meaning of this "+" the only way I can think to fix this, from another fixed firmware.. so WE ALL SHOULD COMPLAIN DJI ABOUT THIS ISSUE AGAIN AND AGAIN VIA EMAILS AND CHAT.. .. and hope they will give a new update within soon. but unfortunately they are still give 1.6.80 to customers for updating...

Spot on dilan thanks, rodpad when the signal goes the screen goes grey and the video stops recording but I can fly it. Steve

Spot on dilan thanks, rodpad when the signal goes the screen goes grey and the video stops recording but I can fly it. Steve
Thanks, but video stops on your mobile, but if you are recording it should continue on your sd card.

No it stops recording also as soon as signal gone red button stops recording but can fly home
What the ****?, You need to reboot (Drop Kick) it.

haha nice one i feel like it jeeez
OK so I sent the drone back to Wex where I bought it from. They sent it to drone geeks in uk, they confirm the latest firmware upgrade has damaged the drone somehow with the signal range they have sent it to Holland for DJ to look at!! great getting somewhere.

the only solution to get the full range.. you need to replace the drone main board.. it will cost $129, basically you need to put a new IMU card. you can not buy it separately unless you can find a crashed drone with a good main board. (a crashed drone that didn't have range issue) but you don't need the whole main board.. you only need the IMU card which has fixed in the middle of the main board. you can remove it by unplugging the cable. and after that do not update your firmware ever again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair