Latest Firmware issues

I just got done updating to 1.1.9 and can't see the camera in my gui. I have a physical link to the bird just can't do anything in the app. I even armed the quad without props and spun up the motors. I can control my camera, start stop vid etc. etc. just no app now.......

KFM

Close and restart the app.

Can't you simply shut off the internet connection to avoid getting railroaded into updates? If you're on a shoot and you have everything dialed in, the last thing you want is a new firmware to come in and throw everything out of whack!

It looks like this is getting less and less plug and fly the longer things go. If I have this much trouble simply updating and calibrating, I'm not sure it's worth all the hassle. I don't even have mine yet and I'm wore out just reading about the work around stuff just to get it working right. Doesn't seem simple to me.

It looks like this is getting less and less plug and fly the longer things go. If I have this much trouble simply updating and calibrating, I'm not sure it's worth all the hassle. I don't even have mine yet and I'm wore out just reading about the work around stuff just to get it working right. Doesn't seem simple to me.

No worries! The update went very smoothly for me. I've never had disconnect problems (before or after the latest firmware update on an iPad Air 2.) The firmware update process although not completely intuitive is not difficult. Learning what the beeps mean is important as is being patient and letting the Phantom do it's thing.

Chris

Reactions: JBG
I have had the app disconnect on the new 1.1.9. Never on 1.1.8 tho
I have had the same problem after the firmware upgrade. With the 1.1.8 I haven't any problem!!! I think there is a bug in this firmware, if you look around other sites and forums you can see that many people has the same symptom, disconnection of the RC for some seconds.
It happened to me once, only 5 m above the land and 10m of distance. :/ I'm afraid to fly my bird for long distance with this problem. I think we have to send an email to DJI explaining this issue.
Best wishes!

I have had the same problem after the firmware upgrade. With the 1.1.8 I haven't any problem!!! I think there is a bug in this firmware, if you look around other sites and forums you can see that many people has the same symptom, disconnection of the RC for some seconds.
It happened to me once, only 5 m above the land and 10m of distance. :/ I'm afraid to fly my bird for long distance with this problem. I think we have to send an email to DJI explaining this issue.
Best wishes!

Seems a few of us are having this problem then, not looked on the other 2 main forums about this subject, but if there are others over on rcgroups and dji's forum then blade and Ed will probably pick up on these app disconnect problems and report back to dji about it.

Reactions: FELIPE RABANAL
I have not updated yet and now I am wondering if I should or not? No problems what so ever with 1.1.8.

Don't upgrade.
Dun mine all had been well before. Now after compass dance and imu calibration,after several tries can't get compass lock tried different area and not a building etc in site. Had no problems before this upgrade.
Wish I had just kept on sd card Incase needed at later date.

Don't upgrade.
Dun mine all had been well before. Now after compass dance and imu calibration,after several tries can't get compass lock tried different area and not a building etc in site. Had no problems before this upgrade.

Here is 1.1.8 for the advance and pro models of the phantom 3. However, don't think you can downgrade.

Advanced:

http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/phantom_3/en/Phantom_3_Advanced_Firmware_v1.1.8_en.zip

Pro:

http://download.dji-innovations.com...Phantom_3_Professional_Firmware_v1.1.8_en.zip

Don't upgrade.

Don't upgrade.
I found this weekend that when you do the compass dance, rotate the bird past the 360 degree range you're used to, on both axes, and it'll calibrate successfully. If I stopped at 360 degrees I wouldn't get the lock.

Reactions: Jan Erik
I found this weekend that when you do the compass dance, rotate the bird past the 360 degree range you're used to, on both axes, and it'll calibrate successfully. If I stopped at 360 degrees I wouldn't get the lock.

I have found that as well.

Thanks bbfpv and leekiya for that just back in after doing compass calibration success full was a complete 360 plus about another 90. Many thanks just need wind to dye down now to be able to check everything else is ok

Thanks bbfpv and leekiya for that just back in after doing compass calibration success full was a complete 360 plus about another 90. Many thanks just need wind to dye down now to be able to check everything else is ok
Good deal. Glad it worked out.

Glad it helped. Yes the wind in the UK has been shocking this past few weeks. Went out this morning before work but it was it was gusting 25mph again, trying to get in going in a straight line was proving hard, i was flying up and down football pitch lines to see how straight it would go in winds and gusts at different heights, it was quite interesting especially looking back at the flight record after.

Glad it helped. Yes the wind in the UK has been shocking this past few weeks. Went out this morning before work but it was it was gusting 25mph again, trying to get in going in a straight line was proving hard, i was flying up and down football pitch lines to see how straight it would go in winds and gusts at different heights, it was quite interesting especially looking back at the flight record after.
Gusting winds is the perfect time to break out the V+ and throw it in ATTI for some speed records :) 20mph gusts here over the weekend, new personal speed record of 70.38mph :)

Reactions: QuikSilver15
Thanks for the tip. Took my 5 tries to calibrate the compass my first time. I will try this next time I calibrate.
I also started a thread about losing video signal. I am on latest firmware. I never flew on old firmware versions, as I just got my P3

The delay while IMU warms is because you calibrated while warm and it has to get back to that temperature to be accurate.
Put it somewhere cool even in the fridge if you like and be all set to do it again the minute you start it.

LOL sweet after the firmware update last night I stuck it in the frig for about 4 mins and then did an IMU calibration. and no more 2-3 minute warm up times now. Its pretty much instant once the phantom is powered on and connects with the app and controller its in safe to fly no gps then as soon as it picks up the right about of sats I'm ready to launch instead of wondering if I should go get some lunch lol while waiting for it to stop saying its warming up. .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj