Latest firmware bricked my gimbal...

Reaction score
Turned on my P4P+ and there was a notification of new firmware available, so I updated it... Now the gimbal is fixed in the straight ahead position and gimbal wheel on controller has no effect. Thought I'd try a gimbal calibration, bad idea. Soon as the calibration starts the gimbal turns hard right and makes a horrible screeching/grinding noise then returns to just off center to the left, no up/down movement during calibration at all... It's completely screwed.
Would not advise updating if you haven't already, yet another most likely untested firmware upgrade by these imbeciles at DJI. Is there any way to downgrade firmware to the previous version?

Turned on my P4P+ and there was a notification of new firmware available, so I updated it... Now the gimbal is fixed in the straight ahead position and gimbal wheel on controller has no effect. Thought I'd try a gimbal calibration, bad idea. Soon as the calibration starts the gimbal turns hard right and makes a horrible screeching/grinding noise then returns to just off center to the left, no up/down movement during calibration at all... It's completely screwed.
Would not advise updating if you haven't already, yet another most likely untested firmware upgrade by these imbeciles at DJI. Is there any way to downgrade firmware to the previous version?
You may have downgraded by now. Just connect the birdie to the pc and load the app and you can see previous versions to downgrade.

You may have downgraded by now. Just connect the birdie to the pc and load the app and you can see previous versions to downgrade.
Thanks for the reply, yes I already downgraded the firmware and everything is fine once again. I'm ignoring any messages on my screen regarding upgrades from now on! If it's working, why mess with it right? Lol

Thanks for the reply, yes I already downgraded the firmware and everything is fine once again. I'm ignoring any messages on my screen regarding upgrades from now on! If it's working, why mess with it right? Lol

How were you able to downgrade? My Assistant app shows this:

nS6Qpix.png

How were you able to downgrade? My Assistant app shows this:

nS6Qpix.png
Hi if you only recently purchased the Phantom, there maybe no previous update as you have not performed any. Others here might offer more advice to you.
Good luck

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20