Last week bad usb cable. This week....stupidity!

Reaction score
Last time I went to fly I couldn't because my tablet wouldn't connect. Got home and found the DJI usb cable was bad. Long drive to my fly spot thwarted by a bad cable.

Today it was my own stupidity. Early afternoon I noticed it was looking sunny and nice out and figured I could go fly. Threw my bag in the car and headed to a spot I like flying over the water.
Threw the first battery in the AC and when I hit the power button my stomach started turning. Ugh...3 green lights. Connected to tablet and battery was 65%. Knew it was a waste of time but tried 2nd and then 3rd battery and both were about the same. Auto discharge had been set to either 7 or 10 days and did its job.
Knew enough from this forum NOT to take off with semi charged batteries.

Needless to say they are charging right now and I'll try again tomorrow!

You can take off from a partially charged battery. It is not an issue, at least anymore. I do it often. I have never had an issue. I won't take off with 30% but anything over that I will. I say this because I was worried at first reading all the DO NOT DO IT posts. So I tried it out time and time again watching and cautious that the quad would fall of whatever. But I can fly it from 50% all the way down to 25% and get the low battery warning, then to 10% where it will autoland. I feel confident It is a non issue with the latest firmware updates.

Reactions: SilverStone641
You can take off from a partially charged battery. It is not an issue, at least anymore. I do it often. I have never had an issue. I won't take off with 30% but anything over that I will. I say this because I was worried at first reading all the DO NOT DO IT posts. So I tried it out time and time again watching and cautious that the quad would fall of whatever. But I can fly it from 50% all the way down to 25% and get the low battery warning, then to 10% where it will autoland. I feel confident It is a non issue with the latest firmware updates.

for the most part I agree ,
a recently used battery can be safely reused to fly again.

I would suggest that once the battery has begun to "self discharge" that may not be as safe,
I would not use until topped off. So far it has worked for me

Good luck and have fun flying!

Reactions: SilverStone641
What I have seen when I fly on a partially charged battery is that it discharges a lot faster than a fully charged battery. I flew yesterday on a battery that was around 60% and was surprised how fast it dropped down to 25%. Matter of minutes. It got me to thinking that maybe the 60% reading was not accurate. Luckily I was just flying around my local park so I was able to land it immediately.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj