Last flight before crash :(

There is a good chance it tumbled down the cliff depending on how it is viewed in Google Earth. Sorry for your lose.
Screen Shot 2016-01-21 at 3.14.01 PM.png

May I point out a potential lesson for all of us from the OP's misfortune?
I'm sure it's been said, many times..... many ways.....

But.....

If you're flying into unknown terrain or terrain with altitude variations or aerial obstacles, check your topography and plan your flight.
This is something ALL FAA Airmen are taught and in some cases, it applies to us as well ?

FYI, you can go to most any airport and buy an aeronautical VFR chart for your area (since few will be flying their Phantom IFR...then again...)
anyway....
These charts will give you a wealth of information regarding towers, terrain and other topographical features. They range from about $12 to $20
Or, they are available at some websites. Check Jeppesen.com. I usually just scurry over to the local airfield and buy mine.

Or use Skyvector and print off the VNC and look at Max Elev. Figure( MEF) and where they are located so you can avoid(fly around, not over). Obstacles, manmade under 200 ft aren't normally on the chart. You can get those in NOTAMS if near aerodrome or listed under FIR.

The rest are only found in a hit and miss fashion, no pun intended.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4