Last battery used?

Reaction score
Is there a way to know which battery was the most recently used in a flight? Something in the app that gives date or something?

I had a mishap last week and dumped my drone in a river. Pulled it out immediately, shook the water out and put it in a garbage bag filled with rice. Left in the car for three days. Fired it up this afternoon and flew around the backyard for 5 mins, everything seems to be working (although it periodically says I need to calibrate the IMU).

I did not put the battery in the bag of rice and I don't want to use that battery again. So any ideas on how to know what battery got wet?

I'm going to answer my own question.

HealthyDrones.com will list the battery serial number for a flight.

Even better there is a small indicator on the battery housing right next to the connector that turns red when exposed to water.

It turns out that it is the battery I used for my test flight after drying out the drone, so it does still work, but I'm still going to take it out of rotation.

Reactions: Jesse James
Or just mark them?

1465771700842.jpg

Every one is numbered I just didn't remember which number was in the drone when it crashed

I have 4 batteries. I keep them in my hard shell carrying case with 3 battery holes. My batteries are numbered and as I use them I move them "up" so the next charged one is in my designated hole. Right now I've removed the foam portion and and it's on the back seat floor of my truck. That way I can leave the props on and keep everything secure. I close the empty case and use it to keep the insert from tipping. If I need the case I remove the props and put the insert back in. I realize not everyone has a truck or case so I'm just putting it out there. I do a similar set up in our car trunk.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers