Last attempt was a fail.. so I'm back with another one;p

I know what you are going for. I have thought about filming a few golf courses my self. But with the shots you have there even if the course is nice it is showing as as a not very nice one.

First off dont use a range ball on the opening (or at all). Pick a nice shiny new name brand golf ball with the words set level in nice fairway grass. That will show "we are a nice course with good equipment, our course is well maintained and we draw good players that land in the fairway"

Second...I know your from Texas and this time of year its tough to get good lush grass on a golf course but the high up shots going straight down on the burned out spots only show how poor of condition the course is in. It may be a very nice course over all but it doesnt show that way. To make the grass look more full and less burned out stay lower and shoot across it and then climb and keep the camera up so as to minimize the burned out grass look.

Lastly I dont know how the course is layed out but the high shots you did show it to be PACKED into a a neighborhood. Golfers dont go out on a course because they want to hit their 9 iron around some lady's bird bath or to tee off next to a old dude in a Speed-o. They want to be out on a nice OPEN grassy expanse. So if it is possible get a high show without all the houses (or as few of the houses as possible). We all like to get up high with our birds and show they can get great long shots. But in doing so that shot had maybe 40% golf course in it and the rest was sky and houses. Just something to think about.

Im not dogging on you at all. I know exactly what you are trying to do with this video and i REALLY like the idea. Just some things to keep in mind to improve your work.

I'm not a golfer, but you asked for feedback......I didn't think the video had enough variety of shots and the audio didn't match the video. The course was empty and I think adding golfer would help. Try some first person golf shots.....track a real or imaginary ball down the course and Into the hole. Try shooting at first sunup on near dark. I think the course would look better with the dim diffused light. You just need more variety of shot to make it more interesting.

Fail number two I guess. Thanks for the feedback I will keep at it.

FRS said:
Fail number two I guess. Thanks for the feedback I will keep at it.

not at all. what to shoot, how to shoot, how to edit and how much of an edit is required all depends on experience.

when I look at my Vimeo channel I always find myself criticizing what I have done which give me indication that I am progressing.
dont let negative feedback to discourage you, try to listen what people say and watch lots of videos not like watching a movie but trying to understand how they shoot the videos, whats in it whats not.

I think it would be cool to start the video as you did but have a nice ball on a tee. Next shot, a closeup of a driver hitting the ball from the viewpoint of the ball. Then become the ball going throught its flight going up and then down to the green. Finish with the ball rolling to the hole and dropping in. Just an idea.

JWarren said:
Well, I liked it anyway.

Haha thanks JWarren, I appreciate the kind words. I know I still need work but every project brings me that much closer. Plus not everyone is going to see the project the same way I did or how you did. It's really a personal preference at the end of the day. I really do appreciate every ones comments and suggestions. My next video that is in the works should be way better. I actually have a story to tell with this one so we will see..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik