Laser Cut Plexiglass Camera & Gimbal Guard [UPDATED PHOTOS]

Re: Laser Cut Plexiglass Camera & Gimbal Guard [UPDATED PHOT

Sasquatch said:
I like your product and I think it makes more sense than the carbon fiber design and for a few reasons mentioned already. Unfortunately, the price (with shipping) is quite high still for a piece of plastic and I am not sure it would prevent damage to the gimbal/camera assembly in various crashes. I will have to think upon this some more. If I do decide to purchase this item though, I will go with your design.

Thank you for your input. I absolutely agree that there are a huge amount of situations in which the guard would simply not be able to prevent damage. I have used it, and I believe that others use this same line of thinking, as a way to minimize damage in the specific instances that it can be helpful. I am glad that you brought this up, as I definitely want users to understand that this guard is not going to save their camera or guard in a wide variety of circumstances, but that it will be helpful in the right type of hard landing or collision.

sidebox said:
Thank you for your input. I absolutely agree that there are a huge amount of situations in which the guard would simply not be able to prevent damage. I have used it, and I believe that others use this same line of thinking, as a way to minimize damage in the specific instances that it can be helpful. I am glad that you brought this up, as I definitely want users to understand that this guard is not going to save their camera or guard in a wide variety of circumstances, but that it will be helpful in the right type of hard landing or collision.

Yes and you're welcome. I have been keeping up with the topics about both designs on these camera/gimbal guards and contemplating things. I believe that both could serve a purpose and help somewhat to prevent damage and again (In certain circumstances). I like your more practical design since the material used can flex and bend more than the carbon fiber design and while still providing a barrier. It doesn't come down to the price either, it comes down to what might ultimately perform better.

There was somebody making gamera/gimbal guards on this forum a while back. It was black and it was attached by plastic ties to the runners. When you purchased it, it was not a straight purchase but you made a donation to a group and for that you received a camera guard. It was the first of its kind and many people had them and were happy with it. I cannot remember the name of the place can anybody help. I think it was in the USA. It may still be coming as far as I know.

I support the Dallas Makerspace with a portion of the proceeds. It's a facility that is open to kids and young people, anyone really, and helps them to express their creativity and interests in making things. The facility has a full wood shop, a welding and blacksmith shop, cnc machines, a laser cutter, vinyl printers, 3D printers, metal lathe and more. It's open 24/7 and has classes to help. It's a great organization and helps expose young and old to making things they would not otherwise be able to. Most people don't have access to machinery like that and prototypes and one offs are expensive. It's amazing to see what kinds of things these people are making.

fastsmiles said:
I support the Dallas Makerspace with a portion of the proceeds. It's a facility that is open to kids and young people, anyone really, and helps them to express their creativity and interests in making things. The facility has a full wood shop, a welding and blacksmith shop, cnc machines, a laser cutter, vinyl printers, 3D printers, metal lathe and more. It's open 24/7 and has classes to help. It's a great organization and helps expose young and old to making things they would not otherwise be able to. Most people don't have access to machinery like that and prototypes and one offs are expensive. It's amazing to see what kinds of things these people are making.

Very cool.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl