largest size phone?

Reaction score
what is the largest size phone that the transmitter's stock phone holder will accomodate on the vision?

tizzl10 said:
what is the largest size phone that the transmitter's stock phone holder will accomodate on the vision?

My Samsung Note 3 fits in there just fine :)

Are you thinking about incorporating a phablet of some sort?

GneeChee said:
tizzl10 said:

yes. my iphone 5 isnt cutting it, but i would rather stick with the stock holder setup. what is the note 3? like 5.7"?

Note 3 is 5.95" x 3.12" ... It's a good fit for me.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

tizzl10 said:
so do you think a 6" device could fit?

(thats what she said)

Sure ... my note has a case on it ... it fits :)

GneeChee said:
tizzl10 said:

I been thinking about the Note 3 as well. Do you like it? Hows the picture quality? Any issues?

Thanks,

JJ

I tried connecting with my Nexus 10 tablet and it worked great but I couldn't find a simple mounting system that would work. Should look again because the large video is great. Anyone used a 10" tablet?

Creating mounting adapters should be no problem, but at >10", the weight and balance becomes an issue for many.. you lose portability too. Might as well go for a tripod solution when you get to that size.

JustJames said:
GneeChee said:
tizzl10 said:

I been thinking about the Note 3 as well. Do you like it? Hows the picture quality? Any issues?

Thanks,

JJ

I love the phone itself ... as for using it with the Vision, I can't say if it's better or worse than any other - it's the only one I've tried.

My only problem has been that even though the note has a pretty decent display outdoors, I still had to come up with a hood/visor for it. Once that was taken care of, I was a happy camper :)

nhoover said:
I tried connecting with my Nexus 10 tablet and it worked great but I couldn't find a simple mounting system that would work. Should look again because the large video is great. Anyone used a 10" tablet?

I've been toying with the idea of using my Transformer Prime, but haven't yet because of it's size and nowhere to mount it.

I found a thread here with some unique solutions - that thread might be worth looking at:

http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?t=7553&p=61694

I love the phone itself ... as for using it with the Vision, I can't say if it's better or worse than any other - it's the only one I've tried.

My only problem has been that even though the note has a pretty decent display outdoors, I still had to come up with a hood/visor for it. Once that was taken care of, I was a happy camper :)[/quote]

OK Thanks. What hood did you go with if I may ask?

JJ

JustJames said:
OK Thanks. What hood did you go with if I may ask?

JJ

Umm ... I improvised :lol:

When I ordered the PV, I also ordered a couple of extra batteries. They came in single boxes. I cut up one of those and fashioned a hood out of that. Not the most elegant solution, but I found that my phone (with case) fit in the base of that box rather well so I just used that.

The Transmitter's phone clamp has enough of a grip on it to hold the cardboard onto the phone.

However ... this one might work better - http://www.glarestomper.com/322/

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20