Large memory card in Phantom 4 Pro

Reaction score
According to the DJI website the P4P supports a memory card up to 128GB. However, this means it also supports SDXC, which is formatted in exFAT. Theoretically it could support a card up to 2TB because it uses exFAT. I have a 256GB card I want to try out.

Has anyone used an SD card larger than 128GB in the P4P with success? Thanks.

I called DJI tech support, but they could not answer the question.

According to the DJI website the P4P supports a memory card up to 128GB. However, this means it also supports SDXC, which is formatted in exFAT. Theoretically it could support a card up to 2TB because it uses exFAT. I have a 256GB card I want to try out.

Has anyone used an SD card larger than 128GB in the P4P with success? Thanks.

I called DJI tech support, but they could not answer the question.
If you have the card already, why not try it and share the results?

Reactions: hacktorious
There are limits in hardware that may have nothing to so with the theoretical capacity of the file system, so if they say 128 GB they probably mean it. I agree with the above, if you have the card give it a try... I don't think you can count on any answer from tech support necessarily being correct anyway.

Has anyone used an SD card larger than 128GB in the P4P with success?
Bigger doesn't mean better.
Do you really want to store a week's work on the card and put it at risk every time you launch?
If you value your images, several 16GB cards makes a lot of sense.

ExFAT also supports files >4gb but at least with the P3A, still breaks up a shoot to 4GB files. Block size it is programmed for may limit the card size even though the standard can allow for larger storage.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

From DJI
0f4f8c59a011dd0b3359a5c92b81f603.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Bigger doesn't mean better.
Do you really want to store a week's work on the card and put it at risk every time you launch?
If you value your images, several 16GB cards makes a lot of sense.
Hey, great input. Tech fail-safe in merely a wet dream.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20