Laptop Specs

Reaction score
I would appreciate any advice on ideal specs for a laptop for viewing and editing 4K video.
Thanks

I have a lenovo y70 17" glossy touch screen. It runs an i5 with 8gb of RAM and I put a 960gb ssd in it.
Playback is awesome adn the screen quality is incredible.
It is an all metal laptop so pretty heavy but you get used to the weight.
I bought it refurbished so had it half price.

I have a Dell XPS 15" touch screen, 4th gen intel i7 16GB with 512GB SSD, Nvidia Geforce 750M 2GB, and I can tell you first hand...running Premiere Pro and full Adobe Cloud apps that my setup is not powerful enough.

I am looking into a desktop...I get choppy playback consistently enough when trying to work on clips in Adobe PP, that it just doesn't make sense trying, with even the fastest laptop...

Just my thoughts...I love my laptop, and I use it for Lightroom picture editing...I also will suck it up and cobble together clips using PP, but in the long run, I think desktop is the move for any serious editing.

I'm running a Lenovo Yoga 900 with i-7, 16GB RAM, SSD hard drive and 3.8k screen. My big problem is the video card. It's not very powerful so the video clips sometimes stutter when editing if I add some tweaks to the clip. You need an all around powerful computer which includes a good video card. Of course, a 4k monitor of time type helps as well but this is going to bog down the video card.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj