Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Laptop for 4K video

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Liam_89, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Liam_89

2. Cobs

Ive never rated Laptops for anything serious like video editing and gaming tbh

3. Alex Baxter

Serious, like gaming? ;) I agree though...

4. GMack

Some of the Sagers are respected in Hollywood for video editing, but they are seriously expensive too if custom built. The base price of their 17" matte screen NP9873-S notebook with dual nVidias starts at $4K and goes up to $7,800+ with 2TB SSD drives and all the goodies. Mine was around $4,000 and ran about 6 years and was seriously fast until I blew it with Windows 10 as it ran with Windows 7 and they warned me the drivers and hardware would not take 10. No back up either. Lesson learned.

5. Reed L

I have close to the same laptop but with the i7 5500 and it works fine on 4k but I need to convert it to H264 before editing. So it works but could be better. I would add another 8gigs of ram if you buy that one because that will max it out. Mine is a little jittery with some of the 4k videos on line, so in all practicality it works for editing but it really needs to be better for viewing. I would go 32+ gigs of ram next time, especially if you're planning ahead to 5k or more. I've had mine for a year and it works fine for how I use it but the bottom line is, if you can afford it, spend £1000

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01JG1BPCA?psc=1