Lanyard with Small UAV Registration Mockup

I Agree with you 100% here. I am actually the E-Bay seller that timmer was talking about in an earlier post. My company prints ID Badges for many different customers from small to large businesses and even Police, Fire, EMS Departments, and Town Entities. Before starting to print the FAA ID's I had my lawyer do some digging around, and after contacting the FAA on many occasions we got the go ahead to print the FAA ID's as long as the words.. "For Reference Only, Not A Legal Document" appeared on the front of the card. This is why even after many requests from people I refused to remove those words from the cards I sell, not only to ensure that I am legally printing the ID's but to ensure the people who purchase my ID's won't get in trouble for having them. The ID's are marketed as for reference only, so those who don't remember their ID Numbers can have them close by.

If the person who designed the ID card at the top of this post would like to share his template with me, I would be more then willing to print copies for anyone on this forum for a reduced rate (basically cost of supplies) I print all my cards on a nice solid credit card sized PVC Cards.

P.S. I didn't post any links to my e-bay sales so I'm hoping this post doesn't get bashed for Advertisement.

Did you get a copy of the photoshop file to use?

No fake ID, that's ridiculous.
By displaying fake credentials, you're transforming yourself from a law abiding hobbyist to a person breaking the law.

Have your registration numbers on the Phantom and carry the paperwork in your flight-box.

Follow the rules, don't fly where you're not supposed to.

Tell people to mind their own business !!!

I have no intention of creating fake credentials. My intention is to use the file as a start to create an information card minus any official logos or fields not required. I am not great with PS but can take a file and change the layers enough to make what I want. I go the electronic copy option myself and have it stored on the iPad I use with the controller. If a LE officer cannot search my FAA # and wants to see my reg, I have it. If I was out to fake something, the FAA printable card would be an easier target.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I saved my email text to an image on my phone (an electronic display of the information is permissible). However, there is no requirement for a specific font to be used, the Alphabet, nor the language, either on the label on the drone nor the certificate. Legible, readable, and visible. The certificate in printed or electronic format.

This is mine and it satisfies the requirements as stated by the FAA.
https://www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/media/Notice/N_8900.338.pdf

faa.jpg

Here is something I saw while image searching "FAA ID":

s-l1000_zpsw2n6okzf.jpg

There's someone on eBay selling these for $13.00, Drone Small UAS FAA Registration Reference ID Card Double Sided, which I think is about perfect.

Been trying to create one like this in Photoshop but my PS skillz have a lot to be desired. It took me an hour just to figure out how to do a rounded rectangular border. I also don't like the "For Reference Only" bit on the bottom of the front.
l've got one just like this but it has my photo on it

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik