Lanyard Broke

Reaction score
Folks this is the lanyard I was using with my Titan Conquer Antenna. I was fortunate the clasp broke while I was flying at the beach. This could have resulted in major damage to my controller or my antenna had I been on a hard surface. I will definitely attach a safety cord when using my next lanyard!

Attachments

• Lanyard.jpg
    Lanyard.jpg
    489.6 KB · Views: 261
Same happened me but on tarmac. Dbs flew off and tablet came out from holder and skidded across the road. Luckly there was zero damage,not even a scratch on either dbs tablet or controller.i really dont know how since it fell maybe 3.5feet. Ive since put a key ring on and dont remove my strap

I never use lanyards. I hold my remote with my hands. Haven't dropped it once.
I like to hand catch. Not that easy w/o a lanyard. To each their own.

I have the dji lanyard, I have been using it for the last year with no problems, it is not expensive and the clasp is robust.

I just use a cheapo lanyard I got free at some event (was for a name/ID badge). No breakage, not even a sign of wear. Had it about a year and a half.

try a carabiner clip instead BUT make sure it's not one of the soft alloy rip off's.

try a carabiner clip instead BUT make sure it's not one of the soft alloy rip off's.
Mine was a cheap lanyard with as i found out the soft alloy you mention. I wasnt flying at the time,moving from one place to the next and had to let go of tx for a second to balance myself.drone in one hand,other on the fence so i let mt tx hang for a sec. Thats all it took. Ive been more carefull since

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4