Landowners permission for takeoff/landing?

I don't remember reading anything with respect to this in any CAA material and
Likewise, I don't remember reading anything in any CAA material stating that it is illegal (when flying a drone) to remove all your clothes and run around with your controller screaming obscenities. Just the same, I don't think that's legal.

Reactions: Fishie
It would be simple polite common courtesy to ask permission to use their property/land to land and take off from. If you was on my property trying to land/take off and you hadnt asked me for my permission to do so then i would tell you where to go!
I recently asked a landowner/farmer near me if i could use one of his fields to fly from, he said no so i left him my number saying if he could think of anywhere i could use.
A couple of weeks later he left me a voicemail saying he has a field that he doesnt use that often and that i could use it. I returned his call and all he wanted in return was me not to litter and asked if he could have a couple of flights.
Basically just be an ambassador for all of us flyers because if you dont you will only end up tarring us with the same brush and theres enough people out their flying recklesly as it is

I guess that at local level Bye Laws which state that a certain activity is prohibited must be obeyed. Here in Leicester UK the local City council has issued a blanket "zero tolerance" ban on all "drones" taking off or overflying any land owned by the Council. This includes all allotments, parks and other public lands and spaces. The only exception is one park where you may fly but only as a member of the local flying club, carry public liability insurance and fly within designated areas. As far as overflying is concerned, how they can enforce this is beyond me as once an aircraft has taken off it is within airspace controlled by the CAA and NOT the council.
I figure only a test case will prove anything.

Reactions: daveleeds
If they're going to use wording like this then it wouldn't stand up in court anyhow. A test case would be interesting [emoji3]. Drones don't fly on land.

"Leicester City Council Land Owner Stance – Drone UsageZero Tolerance/permission will be enforced/granted by Leicester City Council to any request made to us for recreational or commercial purposes as land owner to fly Drones on Leicester City Council land."

I guess that at local level Bye Laws which state that a certain activity is prohibited must be obeyed. Here in Leicester UK the local City council has issued a blanket "zero tolerance" ban on all "drones" taking off or overflying any land owned by the Council. This includes all allotments, parks and other public lands and spaces. The only exception is one park where you may fly but only as a member of the local flying club, carry public liability insurance and fly within designated areas. As far as overflying is concerned, how they can enforce this is beyond me as once an aircraft has taken off it is within airspace controlled by the CAA and NOT the council.
I figure only a test case will prove anything.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

If they're going to use wording like this then it wouldn't stand up in court anyhow. A test case would be interesting [emoji3]. Drones don't fly on land.

"Leicester City Council Land Owner Stance – Drone UsageZero Tolerance/permission will be enforced/granted by Leicester City Council to any request made to us for recreational or commercial purposes as land owner to fly Drones on Leicester City Council land."

Indeed, bylaws like this are unenforceable.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4