Landing troubles

Reaction score
Newbie pilot! My first five or so flights, I would land the P4, and then on the iPad, activate slide to land, and the P4 would shut down. I thought there must be a better way, read some, and learned you can use the same joystick corners as startup (for me, down and in), to shutdown. This worked great. Been a few weeks since Ive flown, but the last few flights, once I land, I do the down and in with the two sticks, and the P4 starts skipping on the ground, almost tipping over and breaking props.

Im sure its user error, any suggestions? thanks!

You just need your left stick down to 6 o'clock position to shut down after landing

I have never used the CSC "Cross stick control" to shut down. After landing, push and hold the left stick down for 3 seconds. Using the cross stick command will cause the undesirable effect that you are experiencing.

Thanks! Works great. For some reason the CSC worked well for me in past flights - but after watching it skip along the ground, never again.

Thanks! Works great. For some reason the CSC worked well for me in past flights - but after watching it skip along the ground, never again.
CSC has been changed, To shut down once landed do like ricphoto says, just left stick all the way down and the motors will shut down. If for some reason you would need to emergency shut down in flight you hold the left stick all the way down and hold the RTH button and that will kill your bird, literally!

I believe the P3 used the same start and stop action for the rotors. But the P4 has, since the day I bought it, only needed the left stick at 6 o clock to shut them down. That is assuming you aren't trying a mid-flight emergency stop.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I have never used the CSC "Cross stick control" to shut down. After landing, push and hold the left stick down for 3 seconds. Using the cross stick command will cause the undesirable effect that you are experiencing.
Your right, that cross stick control is no good for power down, should use the DSS "down stick stop" ;-)

I never land my P4 anymore. I always hand catch it, then pull the left stick to six o'clock until it shuts down the props. That being said, I might be reporting back here one day saying, "I never hand catch my P4 any more since the gruesome finger injuries sustainted whilst hand catching"...but so far, it is so "rock solid" in hover that I can easily catch one leg and shut her down.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1