Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Landing Pad With Autonomous Battery Swap?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by npalen, Dec 16, 2014.

1. npalen

2. Bayou flyer

That is pretty cool. I had been contemplating a way to do an autonomous battery swap but someone beat me to the punch. Seams like it always works out that way.

3. Buckaye

I was so pissed when PayPal came out... Totally missed the boat on that one :( lol

The technology is cool to be sure.. But certainly seems like a lot of work for something that only really saves you the time of connecting a battery to a charger and then to the aircraft..

My experience is... I get pretty tired of flying after a few consecutive flights anyway...and I go in an look at my footage then go fly again...

Now if it switched batteries in the air... Look out lol!!!

4. Bayou flyer

That was a big boat to miss! :)

The system they showed in the video if far from streamlined but the idea is there. i was thinking of a commercial application where the quadcopter would need to fly over a construction zone for long periods of time or at set intervals during the day. That way you wouldn't have to mess with it at all. Kinda like a Roomba for the sky, set it up, set the schedule and forget about it. The technology isn't ready for that yet but that day is coming soon.