Landing gear

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the small base on this thing. Would love some skids something wider lighter and taller like I've sen on V 1 Phantoms. Anyone know if any of the existing ones will bolt up?

Thx James

JustJames said:
I'm not a fan of the small base on this thing. Would love some skids something wider lighter and taller like I've sen on V 1 Phantoms. Anyone know if any of the existing ones will bolt up?

Thx James

I bought a DIY landing gear kit from Simonsays for my Phantom v1, but I would imagine it might work with the Vision as long as the Vision has the same landing gear screw hole dimensions as the Phantom v1. If standard Phantom V1 landing gear would work on the Vision then I would think this should work too, but make sure you verify. There are three types along with some other accessories for holding batteries, transmitters as well as braces, etc: http://www.shapeways.com/shops/simensay ... 3A+DJI&s=0 . It works great and looks cool too. I had a lot of fun building gear too. I have the folding landing gear for my Phantom v1 and bought the carbon fiber tubing and hex screws off of ebay: http://www.shapeways.com/model/1075118/ ... erialId=62

Cool thanks for the replies.. I did see that folding shape ways landing gear. Looks very cool. That's is the look I'd like.

James

So I picked up some carbon fiber tubing from the hobby shop and cut them into 2 9 inch sections, painted them white and attached them with zip ties. It worked perfectly for landing and taking off. Super stoked on that. But it affected the hover a bit which for some naive reason I didn't think it would. I had more length on the rear because thats where it tends to tip. But when I hover...surprise it wants to lean back...duh. So i reattached them to be equal length front and back and will see if it balanced it out in a bit. I THINK it will. If this works I will be happy. Cheap and does the job. Doesn't look as high end but thats alright w me for now.

James

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-11 at 2.23.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-11 at 2.23.20 PM.png
    212.9 KB · Views: 1,014
for me, i'd be worried that without curled up ends (like ski's), a strong gust of wind at takeoff and the sharp edge could dig in and cause an immediate tipover?

Yeah I could see your point. But I think it's a minimal risk. I take off pretty fast and not in anything tall (grass etc.) and get to height. But I do like the landing skid curve idea. This is temporary. If it became an issue I'd add some or switch out gear. So far...so good. Thx for input.

James.

Hi all great link to Shapeways, just ordered a battery door for my P1 cos I broke the clip on it yesterday and its got cable cutouts so a few LED's might be hung on for dusky night flights, wonder if they could make prop guards for the P2V before dji finally get round to it...? Yes I've now got both does this constitute a squadron...HaHa LOL.

I emailed the the simensays guy. Nice fellow. He told me that is nearly done on the new PV landing gear as it IS different from the P1. I am looking forward to getting a set when they are ready. I also like your idea of the prop guards. I'll have to ask about that. In the mean time I have the P1 8" props and prop guards. Seems to work fine but moves just a tad slower and I get around 5 minutes +/- flying time. But I'm new to this and like the peace of mind.

James

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub