Landing Gear Skid Stabilizer Extender Protector

Reaction score
Just ordered a Phantom 4 from Amazon, was wondering if the clip on Landing Gear Skid Stabilizer was worth using? They make the landing gear bigger and seems more stable? Does it affect the collision avoidance system?
Thanks
2pcs-Landing-Gear-Skid-Extender-Stabilizer-Gimbal-Protect.jpg

Attachments

• 2pcs-Landing-Gear-Skid-Extender-Stabilizer-Gimbal-Protect.jpg
    2pcs-Landing-Gear-Skid-Extender-Stabilizer-Gimbal-Protect.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 611
I am really not sure the effectiveness of these skid extensions.

For sure I know if you try to raise the level of P4 above the ground, it becomes more unstable as you raise CG level but if they are increasing the landing surface area, they may have advantages.

I always go for hand catch so don't see much advantages of these extensions but thats me.

I don't trust myself for hand catches just yet.. That said, I've really enjoyed the landing gear so far. It gives me just enough clearance to take off and land from most grass, and it preserves the rubber feet on the stock landing gear. Hasn't been a deal breaker having to remove them for storage either. I would say they're worth it if you can get them on sale! Oh, and they haven't interfered with collision avoidance in my experience.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I always hand catch the AC so I don't really have use for them. But if you feel comfortable with them put them on.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I have a pair here, but I'm not gonna put them on. I don't like that I must take them up to put my drone away, and they go on rather stiff. I agree the hand catch is the way to go. Still researching propguards

it becomes more unstable as you raise CG level but if they are increasing the landing surface area, they may have advantages.
IMO the wider track offsets the slight increase in CG.

Also they are slightly flexible so if you come down a bit hard on a hard surface you are less likely to bounce off. Also as we are now talking point contacts it makes it much easier to land on uneven surfaces.

Reactions: Lucone
I have them.
Since you need to remove them every time you wanna carry your P4, and every time you remove them it feels like they are reall forcing a lot i basically used them 2 times and threw them away :)

Reactions: jakobe75 and glen e
I have them.
Since you need to remove them every time you wanna carry your P4, and every time you remove them it feels like they are reall forcing a lot i basically used them 2 times and threw them away :)

Are you using the actual PP ones or lookalikes from ebay/elsewhere? The cheapie ones take a lot of force to put on and take off and I tossed those without even trying to get them on and bought the genuine article which is designed to hook on and off quite easily.

Are you using the actual PP ones or lookalikes from ebay/elsewhere? The cheapie ones take a lot of force to put on and take off and I tossed those without even trying to get them on and bought the genuine article which is designed to hook on and off quite easily.
You're right, sorry, mine are "lookalike" from Aliexpress (chinese market).

I modified what you see.It was just an example of extra footing. I purchased the lights and modified them and the skids to appear as one good looking unit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using PhantomPilots mobile app

I modified what you see.It was just an example of extra footing. I purchased the lights and modified them and the skids to appear as one good looking unit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using PhantomPilots mobile app
Where did you get the skids ? Looking for something other than a gimbal guard to put my lights on. Gimbal guards are pretty much useless because of the the sensors , so looking to hang something off the side of the legs. I do have some lights that I had glued to 10mm Tarot gimbal hangers that work , but want something bigger. Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair