Landing gear rubber pads

Reaction score
Does anyone know if we can purchase replacement rubber pads for the bottom of the P4 landing gear and where? I asked DJI tech support and was told I need to send it in to get new ones. Thats crazy, DJI put ones on my P4 for a different drone probably for a P3 and not the ones for the P4 with the markings for the gamble clamp. So just make it right and mail me a set.

Mine are coming off and I just want to get another set and I'll glue them back on myself, I don't need to send it in for that.

IMG_3273.JPG

I had the same issue but only with rubber rail guards inside the battery compartment, they asked me to send it in. I ended up calling them on the phone and implore them to exercise their mental muscle. I used Chat, Email, and finally Phone to get my point across for a simple strip of rubber. Took a few hours.

The only thing DJI sells is replacement landing gear. If you have two hours to spare and don't mind calling, you might just get lucky too ;)

I was shocked when he said "you'll need to send it in" and I responded " really? you'd rather waste money for shipping both ways than sending me a $3.00 part"

That's what they said to me. Like yourself, I explained to the rationale of minimum incurrence. A lot of people told me that DJI support reads off manuscript, you and I truly experienced that today. Worse yet, their email [email protected] kept bouncing email today; making communication even more expansive.

As per my case, DJI agreed to contact HQ in China to see if the rubber for battery compartment can be available. I truly expect no answer from them in the future, but at least one of their employees put forth the effort.

I had the same issue but only with rubber rail guards inside the battery compartment, they asked me to send it in. I ended up calling them on the phone and implore them to exercise their mental muscle. I used Chat, Email, and finally Phone to get my point across for a simple strip of rubber. Took a few hours.

Can I see a picture of your rubber rail guards?

Why not just buy some self adhesive foam rubber tape?
It comes in just about any size you can think of.Look for some that is as wide as the pads are long and as thick as the pads or thicker and cut to fit.
It's inexpensive to buy by the roll so you could get a lifetime supply for a few dollars.

Saw this thread and had similar experiences with my P2, and bought me some clear plastic tubing from Lowes. Cut it to size and when I'm flying I just pop these on and they protect the feet from scuffing on pavement or concrete pads. Now my P4 has clean un-scuffed landing pads.

Attachments

• Phantom4_skids.jpg
    Phantom4_skids.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 540
Reactions: TheSnowman
DJI has the worst phone tech support, can't understand them. Sorry people...

I think my goal is to avoid contacting DJI support, if I can manage :)
DJI phone support isn'y very unsupportive, can't understand them, they keep getting others on the phone. They don't know.

Saw this thread and had similar experiences with my P2, and bought me some clear plastic tubing from Lowes. Cut it to size and when I'm flying I just pop these on and they protect the feet from scuffing on pavement or concrete pads. Now my P4 has clean un-scuffed landing pads.
love it going tomorrow to buy clear tubing. great idea. Capt KO

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie