Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Landing Gear Options for P2V

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by jimdenburg, Feb 25, 2014.

1. jimdenburg

I'm interested in modifying the landing gear on my P2V...specifically I would like the gear to be longer to not only accommodate a gimbal in the future, but also to allow for floats that wouldn't intrude on the camera image. I've seen a couple of different kits online, but they sure seem pricey considering most don't include that actual gear but only the hardware to attach it. Seems to me that $40 to $60+ is quite a bit to ask for about $1 worth of plastic parts.

So with that in mind, I wondered if anyone has any cheap DIYs for this, perhaps using gear from a different quad or something?

2. nintendrone64

3. ResevorDG

I wonder if that wider stance would make for smother landings.

4. El Rey

The ones I've seen online are carbon fiber and offered increased clearance, so the $40 - $60 cost seemed OK.
    Which ones have you seen that you're not interested in - got any links so we know what you're not into?

5. EMCSQUAR

6. Sledge

I ordered a set of the white plastic version... Hoping that I can eliminate my props showing up on straight forward video shots with them....and assuming that my dronexpert connecting wire will be long enough to connect. I will also need to modify the dronexpert "platform" that mounts onto the skids I guess.

7. jimdenburg

http://www.shapeways.com/model/1066...it-v3.html?li=related-items-ext&materialId=62

I was looking at these...$40+s&h, but doesn't include the carbon fiber, which I don't really mind because I would like some flexibility in how long I make them. I guess I'm a little cheap (read broke) after the initial investment + the fact that I'm already on the hook for a new wifi repeater after modding mine useless.

8. Hiway

If anyone is interested, I have a set of this landing gear shown here: http://www.infinity-hobby.com/main/prod ... 5f9e317d7c

It is assembled and glued only at the skids and battery slots. Used on only 6 flights, it is in near perfect condition.

I am dropping it as it is too heavy for my v1.1.1 and all of the accessories, and dual battery- it is an extremely stable platform and very wide stance- it will not fit attached in a case and needs to be removed- which is another reason I am willing to part with it... no pun intended. (ok I lied... I **** sure intended that pun)

Make an offer and pay the shipping and it could be yours. PM me for other questions or info