Landing Gear Options for P2V

Reaction score
I'm interested in modifying the landing gear on my P2V...specifically I would like the gear to be longer to not only accommodate a gimbal in the future, but also to allow for floats that wouldn't intrude on the camera image. I've seen a couple of different kits online, but they sure seem pricey considering most don't include that actual gear but only the hardware to attach it. Seems to me that $40 to $60+ is quite a bit to ask for about $1 worth of plastic parts.

So with that in mind, I wondered if anyone has any cheap DIYs for this, perhaps using gear from a different quad or something?

jimdenburg said:
I'm interested in modifying the landing gear on my P2V...specifically I would like the gear to be longer to not only accommodate a gimbal in the future, but also to allow for floats that wouldn't intrude on the camera image. I've seen a couple of different kits online, but they sure seem pricey considering most don't include that actual gear but only the hardware to attach it. Seems to me that $40 to $60+ is quite a bit to ask for about $1 worth of plastic parts.

So with that in mind, I wondered if anyone has any cheap DIYs for this, perhaps using gear from a different quad or something?

The ones I've seen online are carbon fiber and offered increased clearance, so the $40 - $60 cost seemed OK.
Which ones have you seen that you're not interested in - got any links so we know what you're not into?

jimdenburg said:

I ordered a set of the white plastic version... Hoping that I can eliminate my props showing up on straight forward video shots with them....and assuming that my dronexpert connecting wire will be long enough to connect. I will also need to modify the dronexpert "platform" that mounts onto the skids I guess.

El Rey said:
jimdenburg said:

The ones I've seen online are carbon fiber and offered increased clearance, so the $40 - $60 cost seemed OK.
Which ones have you seen that you're not interested in - got any links so we know what you're not into?

http://www.shapeways.com/model/1066...it-v3.html?li=related-items-ext&materialId=62

I was looking at these...$40+s&h, but doesn't include the carbon fiber, which I don't really mind because I would like some flexibility in how long I make them. I guess I'm a little cheap (read broke) after the initial investment + the fact that I'm already on the hook for a new wifi repeater after modding mine useless.

If anyone is interested, I have a set of this landing gear shown here: http://www.infinity-hobby.com/main/prod ... 5f9e317d7c

It is assembled and glued only at the skids and battery slots. Used on only 6 flights, it is in near perfect condition.

I am dropping it as it is too heavy for my v1.1.1 and all of the accessories, and dual battery- it is an extremely stable platform and very wide stance- it will not fit attached in a case and needs to be removed- which is another reason I am willing to part with it... no pun intended. (ok I lied... I **** sure intended that pun)

Make an offer and pay the shipping and it could be yours. PM me for other questions or info

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj