Landing gear mod for p3

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the video on YouTube for modding the ph3 with the landing legs being retractable ? Even though the gimbal only goes up and down with the camera it still looks cool... Wish it came like that!

He shows it in detail how to carefully take the antennas off everything it's very cool... Just search retractable landing gear for phantom 3 I could not grab the link from my phone

He shows it in detail how to carefully take the antennas off everything it's very cool... Just search retractable landing gear for phantom 3 I could not grab the link from my phone

Reactions: taroh and Morphious
I didn't watch the entire 28 minutes but why do we need the landing gear out of the way? In that the camera doesn't move independently of the bird, what would be the point? That is to say, I can spin the bird and the camera never views the landing gear.

Mark

I didn't watch the entire 28 minutes but why do we need the landing gear out of the way? In that the camera doesn't move independently of the bird, what would be the point? That is to say, I can spin the bird and the camera never views the landing gear.

Mark
Well I have seen some video's where you can see the skids when flying aggressively,
and it looks cool !

Reactions: skyhighdiver
Definitely does look cool.

At first I was skeptical about the compass relocation.
Yes it was the same for the P2 version as well but it is a bit different too.

Next is the re-orientation of the antennas.
With the gear up, the antennas are now horizontally polarized, and, could there be 'shadowing' being they're now so close to the fuselage?

I would expect this will reduce range.

Anyone else???

Last edited:
Reactions: richardseguro
I haven't seen legs in my video because I practiced & took care not to move fast P3P with 4K shoot, but it's interesting that the signal between MC and VPS is analized, and P/A/F switch can be used to control 3rd party device.

I also question the benefits. At first I got excited as I thought the legs retracted could be used like prop guards - but it doesn't look like that at all. So not really sure why you would want to do this. But pretty neat mod either way.

Any chances of getting the retract module and servos in a kit by themselves? Looks like a great start for a emergency aid package release system.

Reactions: taroh
Post the link. Don't see it viable as the legs have antenna and a compass lead.

I was thinking the same thing. I've seen the video demoing it and it does look cool but retracting the legs will change the radiation pattern of the lightbridge antennas on the Phantom which will can make you loose range because now the tips of the antennas are pointing towards you rather than the sides which would make you have to change orientation of the antennas on your remote to keep them polarized at the same angle. Also I'm not sure if moving the compass position might have some affects as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20