Landing gear in video

I took my P3P for it's maiden voyage yesterday and everything went well. When I got back to view the videos, I noticed that the landing gear made it into the shot (as well as the props/arms). In watching other peoples videos, I notice that the props occasionally appear at the top, but never see the actual arm. I have yet to see someone's landing gear in the video, though.

So, my question is there something wrong with the gimbal drifting too much and not staying centered? Or am I just banking too hard (which is possible, but this happened on soft turns as well)? When just walking around the house with the copter, I notice that the gimbal will almost lock onto an object and when I turn the copter, it stays for a second before focusing forward (I believe this is how the landing gear is making it in the shot). Is this normal? I imagined the the gimbal would do a better job staying centered. It does make a slight grind sound if I tilt the copter too far to the left or right.

The guard is off as well as the white foam, so nothing is there that shouldn't be.

Thanks!
... no it's not .. you will see the landing gear when push hard the bird and force it to move to the right/left with a yaw turn !!!!

... no it's not .. you will see the landing gear when push hard the bird and force it to move to the right/left with a yaw turn !!!!

Yep I realize, what I dont get is that you dont think its a design flaw ? For me its obvious and logical, off course the landing gear should stay out of vision no matter how you fly. I just want to repeat that this is sold as the "pro" version.... If you can't push the drone to its limits and still get usable video whats the point. Its a flaw, sugarcoat it or not.

Best wishes

Jake

yap maybe it's a flaw .. but it happened with me and my cam was at least -60 degree and i realise why, so, my duty to tell you fine people !!! fly safe

I really don't feel it's a design flaw.

I see the landing gear when a fly sideways really hard and tilt the camera down. That's the only time this happens.

The legs have to be there for the design of the plane and to keep the price at the point that it is. It's not a flaw...it's the way it's designed.

Don't fly that way. Fly all other ways but that why. That's what I do. For me it's not even that desirable of a way to fly. Plus it only happens when I'm going over 25mph. If it is happening more then that your gimbal needs to be looked at.

If you wanted a "better" designed drone then buy an Inspire, you won't have this problem.

Reactions: Ptr
There could be another issue. You need to take a look at your camera gimbal. I have this issue right now and nobody has been able to help. Coming out of the box, my camera gimbal points slightly to the left side of the P3P. I can see the left prop and landing gear sometimes when I am just hovering if there is a head-on wind. I have calibrated the IMU several times as well as the gimbal.and the camera continues to point to the left. Turn your bird on and let it go through its warm up process. Check to see if the camera is pointing straight forward or if it is skewed to one side or the other. I have no horizon issues, just a gimbal that points slightly to the left and I cannot figure it out.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.