Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Landing gear for Phantom 2

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by xpsje, Jul 9, 2014.

1. xpsje

Good morning,

Does anyone know what is a good landing gear/skid for the Phantom 2 so he does not fall over when landing?

2. EMCSQUAR

3. TeamYankee

I was thinking the same thing.. changing the legs. But don't want the hassle of getting a case/bag to fit and having issues with compass resulting in a crash, so thought of using something simple.. like these:

A4 plastic slide binders - to extend towards the front and back making it nearly impossible to tip over. Chop to fit and with some experimentation should work and look sensible, maybe even some transparent ones.

[​IMG]

4. QYV

QYV

if you're really just concerned about tipovers when landing, learn to catch. Many folks around here agree that a proper catch is safer than landing... for example there's a good example of a perfect catch (imo) at the very beginning of this video

5. Happyflyer

I tried that with a long plastic tube cut to 4 inches longer than the legs. Darn thing showed up in the video. Took them off.
    Biggest problem I have seen in so many videos is how hard people land their quad. Take off fast but land softly. Have not fell over yet doing that. If wind picks up too much, safe grab.

6. WPSPETE

^^^^^
    This guy suggested I do the catch method after a broke a prop on my 1st flight. Did that for 2 and 3 and no more worries about broken props. I did a few practice fly bys when the battery was charged just so I wasn't rushed when I had to do it at the end of a flight.