Landing gear for P2 v2

Reaction score
I was wondering what solutions people have found for A. Removing left landing gear from wide angle gopro shots. B. Prevent the gimbal and camera from touching the ground. And C. Moving the compass.

I cant find any way to do this neatly and achieve a perfect landing gear. But i know if i mess up the compass i can always buy this one here.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...cond_generation_compass_for.html/prm/alsVwDtl

Thanks i'm open to suggestions !

What GoPro camera are you using?

Also which format are you using 4K. 2.7K or 1080P??

Which settings are you using ultra wide or medium?

Since using the newer gimbal the camera is less than a quarter inch off the ground so you need to either buy the longer landing gear or get snap on extensions. All it takes is one hard landing and you'll damage the gimbal, camera or both. So for around 15 dollars you can save a bundle of cash in repairs.
IMG_9150.jpg IMG_9151.jpg

Last edited:
Im using hero 3+ black recording in 2.7k wide/medium and 1080 superview/wide. I would really like for the landing gear to just be out of the way without worrying which mode i record in and im still deciding how i am going to get this thing higher off the ground since the compass is in the way of removal

Im using hero 3+ black recording in 2.7k wide/medium and 1080 superview/wide. I would really like for the landing gear to just be out of the way without worrying which mode i record in and im still deciding how i am going to get this thing higher off the ground since the compass is in the way of removal

There's only one way to solve that problem and it's to spend 140 dollars and change the lens to a 5.4mm 10mp f/2.8 from
peauproductions.com. You'll no more landing gear nor props to crop out of your footage ever again. Of course no more choices of ultra wide medium, narrow or fisheye just nice clean video.

What GoPro camera are you using?

Also which format are you using 4K. 2.7K or 1080P??

Which settings are you using ultra wide or medium?

Since using the newer gimbal the camera is less than a quarter inch off the ground so you need to either buy the longer landing gear or get snap on extensions. All it takes is one hard landing and you'll damage the gimbal, camera or both. So for around 15 dollars you can save a bundle of cash in repairs.
View attachment 26081 View attachment 26082
Where did you get the snap on extensions?

i just bought this ,HML350 V2 Retractable landing gear kit for DJI Phantom2/Phantom2 Vision+

Totally screws up compass orientation.

Reactions: jason
Notice it's not flying in the video?

That's a P1. But more importantly notice there's no compass on the gear. (It would be a small silver square device)
It has to be relocated to some fixed location under the shell.

FYI

you get an arm witch attaches to the body also , i will be trying mine soon and i will post a video of it working ,

Seen it. Just saw it again.

Just passing on what has been learned here.

No offense intended.

Sorry if I came off curt.

Reactions: Christy
none taken, im new to flying as ive only taken 3 videos
and i found that the landing gear got in view and the gimbal just cleared the ground , the
retractable will solve theses problems , but if it doesn't work
i haven't broken the bank , your in put is good as there are a lot of Q&A's to go trough
on the forum , its all trial and error ,

Another option. Cheerwing carbon fiber landing gear, $28 on amazon. Cut the old landing gear so compass stays in the same location and orientation, need two longer screws to attach that corner. Gear is only in the shot if the camera is pointed straight down and even then, only a little bit.

Gear.jpg

No tie-in to RTH.
The gear is controlled by utilizing S1 or S2 switch (it escapes me at the moment) and a custom module unless you have a 3rd party radio system.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20