Lagging when shooting video

Reaction score
Hello everyone I am having an issue every so often where it seems as though my video will lag or play catch up. I thought it was just on my iPad but have used my 6s plus as well and it does in fact show up in the videos.

Any ideas? And I apologize in advance if this was covered but I cannot find anything on this issue. Thank you very much in advance

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Are you using a different SD card than what was provided by DJI? Maybe a slow SD card. Also try formatting the card prior to recording next time.

Are you sure it shows up in the SD card videos, or the videos downloaded to the phone?

If you are talking about the video on your device when flying? Clear the cached video or even try turning caching local copy off.

It could also lag if you are getting a weak signal on the down link.

Are you using a different SD card than what was provided by DJI? Maybe a slow SD card. Also try formatting the card prior to recording next time.
Boy everyone Ty for the replies and help I greatly appreciate everything... I am using a Sandisk Extreme Ultra 4K 64gb SD card...

If you are talking about the video on your device when flying? Clear the cached video or even try turning caching local copy off.

It could also lag if you are getting a weak signal on the down link.
Ok I will try that and see if it helps I really appreciate the assistance.

Well, once it does it on my screen I wait until the video is done then I watch it and it lags exactly as it did on my screen.. Sorry I don't know how to put all my replies in one box
When you take the SD card out of the Phantom and watch it on your computer is the same lag there? If not it's just a downlink issue which sometimes happens when you have a dirty WiFi signal.

When you take the SD card out of the Phantom and watch it on your computer is the same lag there? If not it's just a downlink issue which sometimes happens when you have a dirty WiFi signal.
Ohhhhh I'm sorry I did not understand what you were asking I will check brb...

The part we are confused about is if you are referring to the live video feed to your device as you are flying or the video that was captured into the SD card.

I don't know that it's easy to play video from an SD card right on an IPhone so it seems you may mean the live video feed.

Start there.

The part we are confused about is if you are referring to the live video feed to your device as you are flying or the video that was captured into the SD card.

I don't know that it's easy to play video from an SD card right on an IPhone so it seems you may mean the live video feed.

Start there.
Both the live feed as well as when I watch the video on either my iPhone or iPad mini whichever I'm using I get the same lagging in the video as I did on the live feed while flying and recording.. I will record a video then watch on the computer and see if it does it

1. Record a video.
  2. Take out SD card and connect it to a computer (look it up)
  3. Transfer video to computer
  4. Watch and check for lag
  5. If it still lags, post your computer specs

Both the live feed as well as when I watch the video on either my iPhone or iPad mini whichever I'm using I get the same lagging in the video as I did on the live feed while flying and recording.. I will record a video then watch on the computer and see if it does it
What you watch on your mobile device is a copy of the downlinked live feed. The video on your SD card is not a copy of the downlinked FPV, so I would expect your SD card video to be lag free.

What you watch on your mobile device is a copy of the downlinked live feed. The video on your SD card is not a copy of the downlinked FPV, so I would expect your SD card video to be lag free.
Ohhhhh I understand now ok I'm going to do another video tomorrow and see thank you very much for your help it's really appreciated

Reactions: Oso
So I recorded three videos saved them to my computer and yes all 3 are lagging as if trying to play catch up. I thought I could upload the video on here for you to see but it appears I cannot.

So you are saying that the when you transfer the videos from your SD card to your computer and then play them from your computer (not from your SD card) they still lag?

Yes, Oso that is correct.. It's like if I'm flying straight then turn to the right its not a smooth transition when it turns in the video.. It's like you standing then turning to the right in increments like a robot if that makes sense??

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

What are your computer specs?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues