Ladd-Reed Farm Flyover

Reaction score
This plot of land, these 1400 acres are what pushed me over the edge to buy my P3P. For years I've driven by on Tualatin Valley Highway (Oregon 8) and seen this massive plot of land, wondering how much longer it would last as the cancer of suburbia encroached from all angles. The City of Hillsboro acquired this land in 2001 from the Sisters of Saint Mary's of Oregon who bought it from the Ladd and Reed families in the early 1960s which is the last time this property had a permanent resident on site. The city has been dragging its feet (as they so often do), slashing through red tape while putting up more in their own way until just this month, they finally reached an agreement with developers to put over 8,000 residences and 20,000 people into this space and the wide open to the south of here. I'm sad to see it go but I'm very glad the technology for machines like the P3 evolved enough so I could get my own aerial shots of it without renting a helicopter.

This video was shot from the northwest corner of the property heading southeast and I apologize my 360-degree rotation is still quick. I'm kinda getting the hang of the speed of it.

More information on the development is here: http://www.hillsboro-oregon.gov/index.aspx?page=780

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1