Lack of support communication from DJI

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone else had any luck with contacting DJI's main support email?

I emailed them last week and have not received any form of reply whatsoever, i.e not even a auto-responder etc.

RogerClark said:
Hi,

Has anyone else had any luck with contacting DJI's main support email?

I emailed them last week and have not received any form of reply whatsoever, i.e not even a auto-responder etc.

I spent almost 40 minutes on hold this morning waiting "in line" for "The next available DJI Representative". I was "Number 13".

Since I posted to the forum, I got an email, but it was just giving suggesions that I'd already tried, i.e replace the batteries in the RC transmitter if its not working.

I've replied back to DJI, so I'll see how long it takes to get a response.

I've also asked if its possible to buy a replacement RC radio unit, or preferably just the electronics in it, as I have a fault on either the main processor board or the 2.4Ghz RF module (more likely its the RF module that is faulty)

RogerClark said:
Since I posted to the forum, I got an email, but it was just giving suggesions that I'd already tried, i.e replace the batteries in the RC transmitter if its not working.

I've replied back to DJI, so I'll see how long it takes to get a response.

I've also asked if its possible to buy a replacement RC radio unit, or preferably just the electronics in it, as I have a fault on either the main processor board or the 2.4Ghz RF module (more likely its the RF module that is faulty)

What seems to be the problem?

Colorado4130 said:

Basically the problem seems to be some sort of fault in the RC transmitter where it either stops transmitting or sends garbage data after between 5 and 10 mins of use.

I've worked this out by a process of elimination and I'm an electronics and software engineer by trade, so I done quite a lot of this sort of thing in day job.

I strongly suspect that the 2.4GHz RF module is faulty, as the RC Tx seems to communicate with the PC software after the phantom is no longer receiving its signal.

If I turn it off for about 1 minute it runs again for a few mins.

Its not the batteries, Ive tried several brand new sets, and also the PC s/w reports 6V or above from the batteries even when its no longer working.

Unfortunately I didn't buy from a dealer, and my supplier wants me to ship the whole thing back to china for testing, and I'd not get either a refund or a new Phantom until they've determined if it was a manufacturing fault or if I broke it etc.

So basically, I'm on my own with this, and I've contacted DJI direct to see if they can suggest a fix, or give me a price on a replacement RC unit, or preferably just the electronics and RF module

However I suspect all they'll be able to offer is perhaps a new RC unit, and I've no idea how much they'd charge.

[/quote]Basically the problem seems to be some sort of fault in the RC transmitter where it either stops transmitting or sends garbage data after between 5 and 10 mins of use.[/quote]

I am getting this problem too - are you getting yellow flashing lights, and a solid red link LED? Phantom 2?

RogerClark said:
Colorado4130 said:

Basically the problem seems to be some sort of fault in the RC transmitter where it either stops transmitting or sends garbage data after between 5 and 10 mins of use.

I've worked this out by a process of elimination and I'm an electronics and software engineer by trade, so I done quite a lot of this sort of thing in day job.

I strongly suspect that the 2.4GHz RF module is faulty, as the RC Tx seems to communicate with the PC software after the phantom is no longer receiving its signal.

If I turn it off for about 1 minute it runs again for a few mins.

Its not the batteries, Ive tried several brand new sets, and also the PC s/w reports 6V or above from the batteries even when its no longer working.

Unfortunately I didn't buy from a dealer, and my supplier wants me to ship the whole thing back to china for testing, and I'd not get either a refund or a new Phantom until they've determined if it was a manufacturing fault or if I broke it etc.

So basically, I'm on my own with this, and I've contacted DJI direct to see if they can suggest a fix, or give me a price on a replacement RC unit, or preferably just the electronics and RF module

However I suspect all they'll be able to offer is perhaps a new RC unit, and I've no idea how much they'd charge.

I've had so many "goofy' problems with the thing... that's why I ask. I had a problem with the sticks not wanting to calibrate through the Assistant software (pre-R.C. software assistant release). I couldn't get it to calibrate (all sticks at zero) through the software. I've had my gimbal get stuck in the down position after a r.c.calibration. Never had a problem with transmission... knock on wood. You seem to have pinned down your problem. Have you done all the firmware updates (there is one for the receiver) or used the Assistant Software or the R.C. Assistant Software to try to re-calibrate the transmitter? Have you always had this problem?

@Colorado4130

I think that my phantom has always had this problem.

Well, I did a firmware update as soon as I got it, so I guess it could be firmware related, but I thought you were supposed to do that.
v0.19 of the TX does seem to cause people some issues (it did for me, and took a lot of messing around to get it to calibrate)

I should have probably just tried to fly it without doing anything, but even if they did basic tests at the factory they'd not have seen this problem unless they do soak testing, (which I doubt they do as its time consuming and normally unnecessary)

I've only had it a few weeks and initially I thought the issues were with interference etc, because it happens at random really.

I've not timed it, but I think sometimes it may take longer than 10 mins to go wrong, some times its less.

Its probably related to the ambient temperature, so if I use the Phantom on a cold morning, it could be OK, but use it on a hot afternoon and it would probably last even less time,
However I've not done timing tests to confirm this

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers